Car 10,795,848 where are you?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Car 10,795,848 where are you?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Thursday, December 10, 2015 - 09:43 am:

Popular Science magazine for February 1953, carried a multi-month article about the rebuilding/restoration of a 1924/1925 runabout. Is the car still together? The car began its rebirth in New Jersey. Is this worth a discussion?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Thursday, December 10, 2015 - 10:03 am:

George: Any links to the magazine article ???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, December 10, 2015 - 10:32 am:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/128641.html?1267916832

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Thursday, December 10, 2015 - 07:37 pm:

So this car is not operational any more?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Friday, December 11, 2015 - 09:50 am:

Bob and others attached are gif scans of the article from the 1953 Popular Science mag. It is of interest to not that a year or so later the magazine offered a Model T as a prize for the best Model T Ford story. I apologize for the quality of the copies from the original mag.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Brown on Friday, December 11, 2015 - 01:09 pm:

Gad, he paid only $20 for it in 1953? Inflation must of set in by 1955 when I bought my '26 roadster for $50 and his had the top, the spare tire carrier and running board luggage rack!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Friday, December 11, 2015 - 02:41 pm:

I recognised that car from one of the first Model T books I bought over 50 years ago.
Here is the image depicted on one of the last pages in the book " TIN LIZZIE ".

Best regards, John Page , Australia

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration