Dad's Speedster

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Dad's Speedster
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David W Gross on Thursday, December 10, 2015 - 03:14 pm:

Hello Everyone,
I am new to this forum and to the business of Model T. I shouldn't say TOTALLY new, I've had one now for almost 20 years.

Back in the late 90's/Early 00's my dad began an interest in building a model T speedster. We had just finished a 1921 touring car restoration and enjoyed it for a while when my dad got the bug to sell his restored beauty and build a speedster.

Shortly after he began the build he was diagnosed with cancer and eventually, was unable to complete his project. In the final days, he and I discussed the car (which he referred to as a 1916)and his plans for it. I promised him that I would carry out his plans and finish it for him. I made the (joke at the time) that i would finish it before it turned 100 years old. Needless to say, Many years have gone by and the Ford has sat in my garage untouched since my dad's passing. Here it is, 2016 and I have 12 months to fulfill my promise. I have the car being worked on right now by a new friend with excellent experience and know how. he is fully aware of my promise to my father and is a great help.

Long story short, I am looking for any/all guidance on Ford speedsters in order to make the car of my dad's dreams become a reality. I am very fortunate to live in the Mahoning Ohio Valley close to so many resources of these cars. Thanks for all the help!Dad's Speedster

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, December 10, 2015 - 03:26 pm:

WOW David! I like the look of it pretty much the way it is! Would love to see a few more photos! Looks to me that the mere addition of gasoline tank, small trunk and maybe a monicle (sp?) type windshield would just about do it. I like the look of what I'd call sort of a "bare bones" speedster, and I think that a lot of them were built just that way, "back in the day". Welcome to the forum, and I can just about guarantee that you'll get as much help as you want on this forum, especially from the speedster guys,......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Thursday, December 10, 2015 - 03:26 pm:

Until more specific information comes your way,
put these letters (without the quotes) "Speedster MTFCA"in your Google search box, press the enter button, and read away.

Good Luck!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David W Gross on Thursday, December 10, 2015 - 03:46 pm:

Thanks Dave, Thanks Harold, I have been like a kid on Christmas reading in the MTFCA threads. Awesome. My dad kept incredibly detailed notes in countless three-ring binders of his plans for this car - some confusing as it seems he was going in more than one direction with it (racey/non racey). Everything is listed and itemized. I am aware of plans to "undersling" the car but I am not sure how/IF I want to do that. I like the look of the underslung cars. It has already had a lowered front axle put on. He has drawings and plans for a side exhaust pipe with what I would assume to be a home-made manifold as I cannot find anything to do with T manifolds online. There are so many things to sort out. I'm just glad to have finally found a resource and made a move to get this thing going.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration