OT-What do you do in mid-December in Nebraska when the temp is over 60 degrees F? Drive the old Ford!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT-What do you do in mid-December in Nebraska when the temp is over 60 degrees F? Drive the old Ford!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Friday, December 11, 2015 - 12:07 am:

It may never get any better than this.....:-)

Merry Christmas

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3sAWfiHMY9Y

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, December 11, 2015 - 12:16 am:

Rob,It look's great!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Friday, December 11, 2015 - 12:24 am:

Love the exhaust notes. Thank you for posting. Now I have to sponge the drool from my keyboard.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Friday, December 11, 2015 - 01:01 am:

Rob, that is outstanding! I'm so glad that you have the opportunity to own these wonderful cars! That video is great! Does the "K" have a different firing order than most sixes? It seems to have a rather unique exhaust note. Very cool. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Friday, December 11, 2015 - 03:39 am:

Rob,

Sustained winds over 70 m.p.h Wednesday night in Sidney, NE ...

Drove west across I-80 into a side wind/head wind sustained about 45 m.p.h. all day long ...

About 3 inches of snow starting about 6:00 p.m. in Evanston, WY last night ...

Weather is changing ....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, December 11, 2015 - 05:22 am:

Oh, that looked so wonderful! I just put my headset on, let myself go and it almost felt like being there.
Thank you Rob for sharing the video.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Friday, December 11, 2015 - 07:39 am:

What a marvelous sight and sound to wake up to on a Friday morning! Thank you so much for posting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Friday, December 11, 2015 - 10:40 am:

Are we having fun yet? Thanks, Rob, for making and posting this video.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Friday, December 11, 2015 - 12:11 pm:

Thanks guys. I was driving with one hand, filming with the phone in the other, so all the driving is on high gear. At the very end you can see me reach across with my left hand to pull the shift lever to neutral.

Jim, yes, we knew this weather couldn't last forever. Hope your travels take you over clear roads.

Dave, of the 20 six cylinder models covered in this 1907 article, the Ford six cyl. motor ranked second most common firing order of 1-2-3-6-5-4. Henry Ford began working on the six cylinder engine in late 1903 or early 1904, and I suspect, tried several firing orders before settling on this one. I know of two Model K owners who have changed the firing order to a "modern" order, but I see no reason to, as both our cars have performed well this way:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul O'Neil, Fullerton, CA, USA on Friday, December 11, 2015 - 01:02 pm:

I'll add my kudos here too. Not only was the engine note wonderful, the countryside is enchanting. I didn't see a single red light the entire video.

How fast were you traveling?

Vintage Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Friday, December 11, 2015 - 01:35 pm:

Thanks Rob

My parents were born and raised in Douglas County.
I was fortunate to go back and live there in my early 20's.

Many good memories.

I miss them.

Merry Christmas.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Hughes, Raymond, NE on Friday, December 11, 2015 - 04:23 pm:

When I saw the title of this thread, I figured it was from you. Could have been Mike Vaughn, but I just thought it would be you. I really enjoyed the video. Looks like a fun ride.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Friday, December 11, 2015 - 09:05 pm:

I really think you need to take Santa for a ride in that nice red sleigh you have there. Looks like a really smooth ride.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn - Lincoln, NE on Friday, December 11, 2015 - 09:57 pm:

Steve and Rob, I did have a car out for a while this morning, weather is unbelievable!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Saturday, December 12, 2015 - 03:14 pm:

Paul, no, the only electronic traffic controls in our town is a yellow flashing crosswalk sign. I was going about 50 mph on the highway, around 40 on the oil and 30-35 on gravel. 50 is a real "sweet spot" for the K.

Kirk, I have lived and traveled in several places in and out of the U. S., and always have liked eastern Nebraska.

Dave, I gave three neighbor kids a ride, and told them if Rudolph and the gang couldn't make it Christmas Eve, I could help Santa with the K. They thought that was a good idea. One said "how would you get the car on the roof?" One of the others immediately said "just carry a ladder." Problem solved.....

Steve and Mike, just so you don't think I'm only a fair weather driver, I took the K to coffee this morning. It was mid 30's then, around 40 when I left. Cranking a fresh 400 cubic inch engine when it's cold can be a bit much........
YouTube link:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=em-upload_owner&v=3H4rZqps6_U

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration