Old Photo - Model T Era - Western Auto Store Front

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Model T Era - Western Auto Store Front
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, December 11, 2015 - 12:45 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Friday, December 11, 2015 - 09:27 pm:

Very similar sign on a store front in Lakewood N.J. up until a few years ago. Western was gone for years before. Sign disappeared a while back when the abandoned store was taken over.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, December 12, 2015 - 12:08 pm:

Western Auto Supply Co was founded by George Pepperdine. He is the same one that Pepperdine University is named for.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Saturday, December 12, 2015 - 02:08 pm:

The sign on the window says,...."TIRES AND ACCESSORIES FOR ALL CARS". However, I am pretty sure that it was the Ford Motor Company and the Model T Ford that is the real reason for the Western Auto Supply Stores. because originally, the main business For Western Auto Supply was accessories for the Model "T' Ford.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Holland, Utah on Saturday, December 12, 2015 - 02:35 pm:

I found a 1920's Model T tail light in our Western Auto Store which was on 39th South and Highland Dr. in the mid 60's. It was in one of those bins that was cheap and with all kind of merchandise marked down to nothing. I think I paid about $.50 for it. I put it on my speedster for a right side brake and turn signal light. I miss Western Auto Stores and Montgomery Ward Tires.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, December 12, 2015 - 06:31 pm:

Anybody remember the name used for the bicycles that Western Auto sold?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, December 12, 2015 - 06:51 pm:

Western Flyer!

http://www.nostalgic.net/1955-western-flyer-super-x-53

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration