Ben Affleck's new movie "Live by Night"

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Ben Affleck's new movie "Live by Night"
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Friday, December 11, 2015 - 05:32 pm:

Today's top story in

www.PreWarCar.com

Warren Henderson Model T addict reports from a film shoot location: "Seabiscuit and I have been working on the set of the new Ben Afffleck movie 'Live by Night' filming here in Lawrence, Mass, Boston's North & South Ends and Copley Square area in the past weeks. It will be released about a year from now, November 17. In short, the movie is about a group of individuals entangled in the world of organised crime during the Prohibition Era."

Warren doesn't want to spoil the milk, so he is not very talkative regarding the movie. But amazingly (...) a lot more about the girl taking the wheel of his beloved 1926 Model T Coupe nicknamed Seabisquit. "I had more fun doing this work than I have ever had before. The young lady at the steering wheel is named Becca, she was (sadly, very sadly) interested in learning all about Model Ts and not me, I of course had other interests. Becca wanted to know how to drive a Model T and if I would like to give her lessons. She said she was one of the stunt drivers and that is why she wanted to learn how to drive a T (personally I would not have cared about any reason she would want to drive my car)."

As you see Warren is a true Model T lover... you may have seen his earlier stories about his 1917 Depot Hack. No wonder he is also one of the supporting friends to get the Worldtour Model T on its wheels again. Thank you for your report, thank you for your support Warren!

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Saturday, December 12, 2015 - 01:03 am:

I was a driver in the latest shoot location for Live by Night movie here in LA right next to Union Station. We also had a couple of fellow Long Beach club members there as well with there Model T's as well. One that was most popular was an REO Speed Wagon where one of the gangsters rolled under after getting shot.

Many of the cars that were featured in Boston were shipped out to LA for the rest of the shooting episodes.

The next shooting will be in San Pedro at the docks which should be more fun in a much different setting.

Unfortunately Becca already knew how to drive a T and wasn't looking for any lessons cause she wasn't there.

It was a fun experience of waiting for many many hours for something to happen while having a good time talking to other car guys and tourists in the area. Luckily the security officer rescued me just in time and said that I was working and could not take pictures of him next to each car. Being next to Alvarado Street lots of tor busses stopped by so we had many lookers at the cars.

I did get a chance though to say Hi to Ben after the last shooting. Leaving my house before 4am and getting back after 8pm it was a long day but fun.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Saturday, December 12, 2015 - 06:09 am:

Gene, thanks for sharing "It was a fun experience of waiting for many many hours for something to happen while having a good time talking to other car guys and tourists in the area". I had a very similar experience getting up before 4am and not getting back to my hotel room until 6pm, but I would not trade it for the world (will maybe that 1915 Model T Ford panel/delivery truck "OYSTERS / SHUCKED IN BALTIMORE" Unique Less than 25,000 original miles Warehoused c1921). We now know that making movies is hard work and have practiced backing up until we have become experts.

Merry Christmas to all,

Warren

ps: i will be out in Sun City visiting my twin brother next Wednesday

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Saturday, December 12, 2015 - 08:01 am:

Warren,
Did Seabiscuit go to LA?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Saturday, December 12, 2015 - 09:20 am:

No Dave, I need to keep a close eye on Seabiscuit. Vinny, Ken and I are doing the entertainment for the club in February and you'll see why then.

Merry Christmas to you and your family,

Warren

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration