Old Photo- Brass T WW1 in England

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo- Brass T WW1 in England
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dane Hawley Near Melbourne Australia on Saturday, December 12, 2015 - 07:45 pm:

I came across this photo posted on another Forum. The owner, Ashley, has kindly allowed me to post it here and supplied the following information.

The Model T is a 1913 model made in the Manchester Trafford factory and bought by my great grandfather who was a Doctor in the village of Fulbourn just outside Cambridge. The picture is outside the house called St Osyth and was taken during WW1. He and another chap had founded a hospital to rehabilitate wounded soldiers and the two in the patients were patients on the mend. They used to bandage the shell shock victims so military inspectors wouldn't make them go back and fight.

Dr Frederick Lucius Nicholls is the owner of the Model T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Saturday, December 12, 2015 - 09:07 pm:

Dane,

Great photo. You might encourage her to send a high resolution scan to the Model T Registry in England. And if she has a photo that shows the license plate she may be able to find out if the car still exists in the UK. Probably not -- but their license plate/tag stays with the vehicle, if I remember it correctly.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration