Just wondering - T truck trailer combo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Just wondering - T truck trailer combo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Saturday, December 12, 2015 - 09:26 pm:

A project that has been stuck in my head for a long time is building a T fifth wheel tractor trailer. I have seen photos of a couple but wondered if anyone here ever built one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, December 12, 2015 - 10:54 pm:

I believe Willie C's son in Texas has one. There have been a couple of original trailers discussed on this forum over the past few months. One of them should have recently sold at auction, but I haven't seen any result about it yet (it was a great looking era trailer!).
I would love to see some good research into the development of big trucking trailer hitches happening at that time. 30's era hitches should be fairly easy to get. Earlier stuff? Not so easy maybe?
Good luck Tyrone T!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Saturday, December 12, 2015 - 11:07 pm:

Is this what you are looking for?
I thought it was owned by the son of Brent Terry?? from Tennessee, but I could be wrong.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, December 13, 2015 - 09:04 am:

That truck belongs to Willie Cordes' son, either Luke or Jeff (or both). They both are active Model T'ers. That might be Willie's '16 Centerdoor next to the truck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, December 13, 2015 - 09:10 am:

Couple more pictures of that nice fast Texas TT truck and trailer. Truck has O/H and air condition too.

Dual fuel tanks under the cab sides. Trailer is equipped with brakes on the rear wheel. It's fast!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration