Copper Vacuum Wiper Tubing - how long from firewall?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Copper Vacuum Wiper Tubing - how long from firewall?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Saturday, December 12, 2015 - 11:19 pm:

I cleaned up the copper vacuum wiper tubing that came with the car when I bought it and firmly secured it to the backside of the dash to keep it from rattling. There must have been a lot of excess under there originally because now I have 5 1/2" sticking out from the firewall, on the engine side. How long should it be and should it stick straight out, perpendicular to the firewall, or bend down, parallel to the firewall? Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenny Edmondson, Indianapolis on Sunday, December 13, 2015 - 05:47 am:

Since the wiper and tubing isn't original to a Model T, it can be what ever looks best to you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Mahaffey on Sunday, December 13, 2015 - 07:46 am:

The vacuum tubing for the original Ford/TRICO automatic wiper was black rubber. (NOS installation kits indicate that it was NOT the fabric-covered rubber tubing used on the 1928 Model A.) It is still made, and is available at any Pep Boys or other automotive shop. Rubber doesn't rattle, making it perfect for the Model T.

Jim

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration