Solved bulb horn mounting problem

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Solved bulb horn mounting problem
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin C. Miller on Sunday, December 13, 2015 - 02:06 pm:

The bulb horn mounting on the 1914 Roadster broke loose and I have had a lot of trouble getting anything to fix it. Used some JB Weld and it didn't hold, I had a welding shop bronze it on the back and it broke within a week. Finally tried some QuikSteel and I think it had solved the problem. post The problem was on the back of the post where it fits into the mounting bracket. So far NO WIGGLE at all.Quiksteel The photo is a little out of focus. If you need the info, send me an email.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Sunday, December 13, 2015 - 05:13 pm:

The main issue is that you have the wrong bracket for a '14. Yours has the earlier bracket with the long stem. This style was designed to be used with the bracket mounted on the outside of the car. When the mounting was moved inside, the bracket was modified to use a much shorter stem (and much shorter tubing as well)which moved the bulb closer to the door panel and more out of the way of the driver's knee.

Here is a photo of the correct bracket for 1913 and '14. It is mounted in my vendor display case:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Sunday, December 13, 2015 - 06:12 pm:

Marvin;
Is that car a right hand drive or is that picture reversed?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin C. Miller on Sunday, December 13, 2015 - 11:03 pm:

Thanks R.V. that is the mount that came with the car when my wife bought it for me. It is a left hand drive. It is a roadster. The length the stem is a lot longer for sure. The first photo was taken from the front looking down toward the seat and I should have placed a drop light above to get better perspective. It is mounted inside of the driver's side. Thanks for the input. Now I know what I have. One thing for sure the Quiksteel works. Maybe use it for cracked blocks? Anyone had experience with that?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration