What carbs work on 26/7 coupe

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: What carbs work on 26/7 coupe
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg pacana on Sunday, December 13, 2015 - 03:57 pm:

Ok I need an intake manifold and carb for my 26. I see many different setups and I'm afraid to by a set.
Are they pretty much universal? Pls be kind

Thanks a bunch

Greg

Ps. If you have one pls also let me know

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Sunday, December 13, 2015 - 04:49 pm:

Buy the NH with a swivel adjustment.
RDW

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, December 13, 2015 - 05:12 pm:

Yes, the NH is simple, reliable, and easy-starting. As Richard says, for 1926 you want the one with the swivel adjuster. For a hundred bucks you can get a special manifold that's supposed to increase power, or the stock one for up to $15.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Barker, Somerset, England on Monday, December 14, 2015 - 06:55 am:

If you already have an exhaust manifold, the carb type depends on what sort it is. If it's the special one for the Vaporizer, then you will have to get a normal one to fit the NH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg pacana on Monday, December 14, 2015 - 09:40 am:

Tks for replies
The car does have intake on it.

The NH carb.
Ok now I can start to look

Tks guys
Greg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Monday, December 14, 2015 - 10:42 am:

Greg,

If your intake manifold looks like this, you can use a Holley NH. If not, you may have a vaporizer set-up and will need something else.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Monday, December 14, 2015 - 10:51 am:

I have a Vaporizer exhaust manifold that you can have if you want to pay shipping from WA state. It isn't complete, but is a start.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Monday, December 14, 2015 - 11:45 am:

Greg, I think you told me that you are putting the car together from parts. If so, and it being a 26, you probably have the regular intake pictured above. If you are using the original carb adjustment rod that goes through the dash and the firewall to the carb needle valve, you will need the carb with the swivel on the end of the needle valve, as others have said. If using the original intake, pictured above, any OEM or aftermarket side draft carb made for use on a Model T will fit and work fine. The Holley NH or its counterpoint, the Kingston L4, were original, but many aftermarket carbs, such as Stromberg, Simmons, Wizard, and probably a dozen or more were available, aftermarket. I even used a late teens Holley Model G on my 27 and it worked fine.
As for intakes, the repo high volume aluminum intake may work fine, but I have read and heard others say that it flows too well and doesn't have enough restriction. I used an original 1914 T 'iron' manifold, which is supposed to be a copy or reasonably close copy of the 1913 factory aluminum manifold, and it worked great. I definitely felt it increased the performance over a 1915-26 T iron manifold, while still looking stock. Only a trained eye would notice the difference.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, December 14, 2015 - 12:21 pm:

Check your block and valve cover. If you use an NH there should be a hole in the center between cylinders 2&3. This can be drilled if it doesn't have one or there might be a special linkage which goes over the top of the head to use for the throttle.
Norm

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration