Horseless Carriage Club Gazette collection

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Horseless Carriage Club Gazette collection
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike-Iowa on Sunday, December 13, 2015 - 05:22 pm:

I came across a collection of these magazines starting with Fall 1953 , Volume 15, No. 3 and progressing to many later years. Anybody have an interest, if so I can provide more detail.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By P. Jamison- PA on Sunday, December 13, 2015 - 06:19 pm:

A member of the local chapter brought to our last meeting Vol. #1, Issue #1 of the HCCA magazine (Nov. 29, 1938). There were some very reasonable prices in the classifieds.

Phil

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Sunday, December 13, 2015 - 06:49 pm:

I have some of those issues from '53.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, December 13, 2015 - 06:56 pm:

Mike, I sent you a PM, please check your email, thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, December 13, 2015 - 10:15 pm:

They have a nice index available from the very first issue through 2000+ and make very good reference material for early car research.
I am missing ONE issue from 1951, otherwise have everything from 1951 to the present year. I also have about half the issues from 1946 through 1950. Most of the 1945 and earlier issues you can find were reproduced about sixty years ago by the club.
Most issues after about 1960 are not worth much in a dollars sense, but should be passed on to someone that would care for them and read them at least occasionally. Issues from the '50s are fairly available, but do sell for a few to several dollars apiece.
HCCA Gazettes do tend to sell for a bit more than Bulb Horn or Antique Automobile magazines of the same year, I think largely due to the index available. THANK YOU TONY for that!!!!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Webb on Monday, December 14, 2015 - 12:40 am:

sent you a pm a while ago

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, December 14, 2015 - 01:31 pm:

Wayne,
I too, have a collection of Gazettes going back to the 1950s (I forget how far back). I acquired mine from a yard sale in Yuba City I stopped at after going to a car swap meet two decades ago. There were some cardboard boxes full of magazines and I glanced at them, Good Housekeeping, Women's' Day, Horseless Carriage Gazette, Reader's Digest--Whoa, wait, Gazette??? Here's another, and another, and some car literature. Oh bother, too much to go through right now--"Ma'am, how much if I take the whole box?" "Three dollars, but you have to take the two boxes under the table too!" There was nothing else at the sale that even hinted of an old car hobby interest.
Best buy of the day! I still haven't pawed through the sale literature, which at the time was just a 'little old' being from the '60s and '70s, but now I might have some good trading stock! Wish I knew which boxes it was all in, it's here somewhere in the storage room . . . .
(I should take a picture, meantime vision the end scene in "Raiders of the Lost Ark" of the government warehouse--it's like that, but messier.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Monday, December 14, 2015 - 01:40 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, December 14, 2015 - 05:44 pm:

David D! et al. I occasionally will mention the TV show "Hoarders", although I have never seen it. Now, I AM a pack-rat, and a collector, and I DO keep more junk than I really should. However, my dad was a hoarder. I grew up with a garage that you could not park a bicycle in. I did not have a garage I could really work on a car in until after I was married. I did all my work in the back yard or driveway. I now have four antique automobiles in garages at home that can be worked on right where they are, or taken out in a couple minutes if I want to. Oh, the stories I can tell.

My Gazettes are kept in year order in labeled folders on a bookshelf with a hard copy of the index. I look for pictures and articles in them fairly often. Again, THANK YOU Tony W! The index is great.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike-Iowa on Monday, December 14, 2015 - 07:38 pm:

Horseless Carriage mags sold to Mr. Strange. Thanks MTFCA

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration