Old Photo -Model T Era - FORD LUNCH and Fountain

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo -Model T Era - FORD LUNCH and Fountain
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, December 13, 2015 - 09:31 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Sunday, December 13, 2015 - 09:34 pm:

I bet the menu was greasy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Sunday, December 13, 2015 - 09:57 pm:

It might have looked a little like this inside.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Sunday, December 13, 2015 - 10:06 pm:

Look at all the signs. What's the name of this place?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Monday, December 14, 2015 - 09:58 am:

Ford lunch 6 times!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Monday, December 14, 2015 - 10:58 am:

Looks like every seat is a window seat,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Monday, December 14, 2015 - 11:52 am:

Makes me remember the lunch counters at Woolworth's - Another name from the past.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Monday, December 14, 2015 - 12:55 pm:

My Auntie Theresa worked the lunch counter at the University (Seattle) Woolworths for years - used to be a treat (& quite the outing packing up 6 kids !) for our folks to take us up there for lunch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Monday, December 14, 2015 - 01:04 pm:

One of my Dad's occasional throwaway lines was, "I bought at the dime store and it was woolworth the money." :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Monday, December 14, 2015 - 01:04 pm:

The creaky wood floors and squeaking screen doors sure added a feel to those kinds of places. Jay keeps on taking us back there.

Thanks

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, December 14, 2015 - 01:40 pm:

Dick,
I gotta remember that, unfortunately most young folks today wouldn't get it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, December 14, 2015 - 05:47 pm:

Boy, I sure remember those places!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Monday, December 14, 2015 - 06:16 pm:

I had two great aunts who ran a similar greasy spoon in San Jose, CA in the 1940's (a little before my time). They were pretty rough and ready gals, even later in their lives when I remember them. Neither had a "politically correct" bone in their body. I've heard some stories that by today's standards would have been a problem. Back then they just did and said what was needed, no frills.

Gotta love it!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration