Depot Hack? - Ummmm

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Depot Hack? - Ummmm
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Whaley, Caledon Ontario Canada on Sunday, December 13, 2015 - 09:32 pm:

I am usually not one to be the "has to be authentic" guy, but come on, Model t Ford shouldn't even be allowed in the ad for this one.

Apologies if someone already posted it

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/sault-ste-marie/ford-depot-hack-mint/1083424 543?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Sunday, December 13, 2015 - 10:05 pm:

Sure it should! After all, it does have the original 1900 Ford Neon kit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Sunday, December 13, 2015 - 10:19 pm:

With more than 2000 visits to the ad, it pains me to think how many young people now know what a "Ford Model T" looks like.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jamie Holmes on Sunday, December 13, 2015 - 10:28 pm:

Dave,

1800 of those visits were probably me. Kind of like a train wreck were you can't look away.

It's been on Kijiji for some time now and it comes up every time I do a Province wide search.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, December 13, 2015 - 10:35 pm:

" if you don't like being looked at it ain't for you "

There is a car seat for every driver ....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, December 14, 2015 - 12:47 am:

I can see it now, ... the perfect vehicle for a troupe of bagpipers !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Monday, December 14, 2015 - 10:03 am:

This is just the mind set for a lot of folks.
Anything that looks old or different and old automatically falls into the realm of "a Model T".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Monday, December 14, 2015 - 10:52 am:

I think he kept swinging the camera around to prevent you getting a good look. What the hell is that thing any way?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Monday, December 14, 2015 - 10:56 am:

It annoys me when people in the hobby don't know a hack from a huckster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, December 14, 2015 - 10:59 am:

John,

Your comment points up the dividing line here .... "Looks old".

I see nothing with this vehicle that looks old. It just looks like some lame attempt to build a
surrey that will cause those who are clueless about the subject to *think* it looks old.

Sadly/amusingly, those people represent a huge chunk of the population. Here in Spokane,
we have this absurd "ride" down at Riverfront park that is little more than a golf cart-like tug,
pulling a bunch of carts. But someone thought by adding a few generalized shapes to the pieces
would make it appear to be a steam locomotive (on car tires). We also have a fleet of similarly
inspired "trolleys".

Apparently the unwashed masses in this area are easily fooled or are just to daft to care.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Monday, December 14, 2015 - 11:35 am:

And those same people are the ones who ask if your very original car is a replica.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Mettling - Dayton OH on Monday, December 14, 2015 - 01:02 pm:

You can't polish a turd

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Monday, December 14, 2015 - 01:21 pm:

Nice looking 1914 model T.
I think maybe someone changed out the brass radiator.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Friday, December 18, 2015 - 04:24 am:

The only thing that's 1914 is the side lights, otherwise I thought I was looking at a a lowered International Harvester truck with a wood body on it.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration