Old Photo - Brass Era - Posing With A Bakery Truck

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Brass Era - Posing With A Bakery Truck
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, December 14, 2015 - 11:48 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, December 14, 2015 - 11:52 am:

Maybe Loco Larry would know something about that bakery.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Evan in Paso Robles on Monday, December 14, 2015 - 12:36 pm:

This looks like the predecessor to the Helms Bakery truck. It must have been loud having the gong mounted on the cab ceiling!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Monday, December 14, 2015 - 01:10 pm:

My dad's father was a baker in San Jose, CA starting in the early 1910's. He would tell me stories of delivering bread with a horse and wagon. Then he'd tell me of switching to trucks just like the one in the picture. He said to me many times that on winter mornings they'd, "Crank and cuss, crank and cuss!".

This forum would have undoubtedly been helpful to him in improving his starting skills. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Monday, December 14, 2015 - 01:26 pm:

or maybe even his cussing skills!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano, Bellflower, CA. on Monday, December 14, 2015 - 04:16 pm:

The original building that bakery occupied might have existed well into the mid-1980's. Much beyond that is very doubtful.

Philadelphia street in uptown Whittier was pretty much devastated in the 1988 Whittier Narrows Earthquake and leveled most of the early brick buildings on that Street.

The Whittier Historical Society may have city directories from that era that would have information on that bakery.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Monday, December 14, 2015 - 06:40 pm:

"...bring out your 'bread'."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - 10:16 am:

^^^^^^ who'll get that one Keith? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - 01:00 pm:

I got it. Almost half baked, Monty.

Rich

Seriously, an nice body with good visibility for the driver. Great lettering on the side too.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration