Need two Hyatt 7588 roller bearings ASAP!!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Need two Hyatt 7588 roller bearings ASAP!!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Bartol on Monday, December 14, 2015 - 01:40 pm:

I'm in the midst of rebuilding my worm drive rear axle on the TT and desperately need two new Hyatt 7588 roller bearings. I bought the 1046 rollers from Lang's, but I suspect someone may have resleeved the housing as they are too big. They fit on the rear end of the gear, but then cannot fit into the sleeve. Similarly, they fit the rear sleeve, but will not allow the gear shaft to pass. On the front, it doesn't fit, period.

I need two #7588 caged roller bearings from Hyatt or whatever the interchange would be. I have started looking online for interchanges, but nothing yet. If you have the specs for 7588, please post or PM me as that will help me find the right one.

Any chance this might be the same one used in AA's? Thanks in advance, Chris.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, December 14, 2015 - 02:04 pm:

You are using the Hyatt numbers for the bearing(s). (7588). The Model A number(s) would be AA4615(-AR) for the bearing and AA4616(-AR) for the sleeve. The sleeves are held in place with pins between the two housings, they are not pressed in place.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Bartol on Monday, December 14, 2015 - 03:02 pm:

Crisis averted! Turns out the worm gear was tilted and I couldn't see it myself. The 1046 from Lang's does fit properly on both sides. So, lesson learned...and Hyatt 7588 is the same size!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, December 14, 2015 - 03:10 pm:

I have to make this fast I am running out of battery juice and forgot my charger. Please post the dimensions of the bearing. So far have been unable to find that number in the 1949 Hyatt bearing book and someone or I will do more checking.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, December 14, 2015 - 03:11 pm:

Great! Glad you got it.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration