Cast stearing spider with double keyway?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Cast stearing spider with double keyway?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Monday, December 14, 2015 - 04:23 pm:

What years had a cast iron steering wheel spider with double keyways? I have one and am curious about using it for my 15.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, December 14, 2015 - 04:44 pm:

The spider for 1915 is a forging. The pressed spider didn't come along until 1920. I've found the double keyway in 1915 steering columns, so I think you're good to go. Of course, the judges will never see how many keys are in there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary M. Wheeler on Monday, December 14, 2015 - 07:14 pm:

My 1914 is double keyway also

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Monday, December 14, 2015 - 07:29 pm:

If I remember right, my 13 did also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Monday, December 14, 2015 - 07:37 pm:

Here's a double keyed '15 column

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Monday, December 14, 2015 - 09:59 pm:

It could be a forging, it certainly isn't stamped

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration