Hometown Ford Dealer Sponsored Semi-pro Baseball Team

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Hometown Ford Dealer Sponsored Semi-pro Baseball Team
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - 01:06 am:

Back in the twenties, the local schools in my hometown of Katy, Texas didn't have any athletic teams. The population of the town, probably wasn't even over 500. Being 30 miles west of Houston, and on bad roads, there wasn't any entertainment in town so the local Ford dealer, Katy Motor Company, sponsored a semi-pro baseball team. Here is their picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - 01:38 am:

I wonder which one played "shortstop" ? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - 09:33 am:

Burger, If your referring (tongue in cheek) to the first man to the left on the bottom row, he was 'Shorty' Gray, a local vertically challenged citizen, an employee of Katy Motor Company, and the team's mascot and ball boy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - 02:25 pm:

I couldn't tell you where this photo was taken. It looks like the middle of a harvested corn or cotton field.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Lyon, PDX, OR. on Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - 02:35 pm:

The standing guy on the right looks like Lon Chaney Jr. Don.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration