Old Photo - 1920 Shell Gas Station

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - 1920 Shell Gas Station
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - 10:58 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Lay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lancaster Ca. on Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - 11:19 am:

Is that car in the background a little newer than 1920s ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - 12:29 pm:

Maybe the pic is from the early 30's? The new tire that's next to the driveway looks a 19" or something close to it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - 12:49 pm:

The car looks like a '29 Durant. I would love to drive into a Station like that today.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - 12:58 pm:

We used to have a station like that when I was growing up in L.A., back in the late '40s. I have a Rheem pump just like one of those that I actually got gas from when it was still in operation. It came from Drytown, California.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - 02:34 pm:

Scott - If I had to "guess", that car looks to me like about a '30 Chevrolet. I think the wheels especially look like Chev' wheels.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - 02:36 pm:

Scott - Looks like about a '30 Chevrolet to me,.....harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - 02:38 pm:

Well shoot! This "double" isn't my fault! I went back in to see if it "posted" and it wasn't there! So I took another shot at it! Apparently, there is a bit of "lag" from when you "post" until what you posted actually appears in the thread. (???)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - 09:13 pm:

30-31 Chevys had much larger headlights.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - 09:18 pm:

i think Richard is right it aint no chev not with those bars runing up & down in the grill. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - 09:38 pm:

Looks like a Durant to me but hey I am no expert. Love all the old pictures on this site.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 05:15 am:

Durant

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 05:29 am:

Thanks Charlie and Tim. The grill is why I suggested Durant. It may be a different year. There is no bumper and the side molding looks different. Wire wheels instead of wood. The rest looks very similar.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 05:31 am:

...And Frank.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 05:34 am:

P.S. 1928 Durant Star M2 Coupe.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration