OT - Funny

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT - Funny
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - 09:59 pm:

I just saw a tire company TV commercial in which a woman "customer" tells of a kitten that got into the engine compartment of her car. No amount of coaxing would lure the kitten out, so she drove the car "very slowly" to the tire shop where the tire company personnel rescued it.

All I could think of was "manifold cooker"! :-).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, Mostly in Dearborn on Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - 10:09 pm:

I was tired one afternoon so I tossed my van keys to my carpooler and told him to pick me up tomorrow. When he pulled up the next morning, the rear brakes squealed funny and when I looked at the rear axle, a kitten jumped out of the underbody spare tire.

And that's how my daughter came to own Cinders Goodrich who is now a very annoying cat that she left at my house.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - 10:36 pm:

The last cat we had found a nice warm spot under the hood, Probably was very happy in there. Till my wife started the car and the cat went thru the fan belts, fan, and anything else that got in the way. It was the most terrible sound I ever heard coming from under the hood of a car. Gave new meaning to the term, "screeching fan belt" The poor cat survived the ordeal, but was missing large patches of fur all the way to bare meat, and half of its tail was gone. The cat lived a long time and was the sorriest looking poor old thing, but never did get under, on, or around a car for the rest of it life.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 01:12 am:

Nothing used to upset me more than having the farm cats go throw the fans on the trucks. No matter how hard you tried to convince people to look under the hood and up by the wheels and to blow their horn we'd still lose cats that way every so often. Though they didn't seem to do a lot of vehicle damage very few survived.

Now I've got two cats living here that go about 18 lbs apiece. I doubt if they could fit under the hood of a car. I have to admit I've suggested they try but they don't seem to listen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 01:23 am:

Amazing what cats can survive.
We have a cat, well, not really ours, but we feed it. Almost eight years now, we have never even touched this cat. We call it "Lucky".
It first showed up, a couple years after we moved here. She was beautiful, but afraid. We figured that she had been abused before she was dumped.
About a year later, maybe two, we looked out the window and saw her sitting next to a birdbath fountain we had that she often drank water out of. Her tail was fine. I don't think it was an engine compartment that got her, because engine compartments almost always mangle the tail. Other than her tail she was ripped and shredded from nose to toes. One side was hanging open from the skin ripped open for about eight inches. I figured a mountain lion got hold of her. They are in our area. And bears, also in our area, probably could not hold on long enough to do as many cuts and scratches as she had.
We tried to catch her, wanted to take her to a veterinarian. But as hurt as she was, we could still not get within fifteen feet of her. So, we started feeding her. I figured she hung around the birdbath because it was the best water she could find (we changed the water almost daily). She needed water, and she needed food. So we carefully fed her. She would run off, we would put the food dish down, and she would limp back. I figured she would die in a day or so since we couldn't catch her, but we could at least try to make her comfortable. We put a blanket on the ground, but I never saw her sit on it.
And, she got better. It took awhile, but her wounds closed up. The fur slowly grew back. Her colors reveal lots of scars, she still limps a bit, and we still have never been able to touch her. But we do get a little closer. And for more than six years now, we have been feeding her.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 01:33 am:

A 'cat deterrent'......
http://www.cnn.com/videos/bestoftv/2014/07/11/koat-snake-in-engine.koat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 07:37 am:

I had this happen years ago.
When I was getting ready to take the kids to school. It was a cold day and I wanted to warm the car up so I went out and started it. It ran for a second then wham it stopped! I didn't know what happened until I heard a meow very faintly.
I lifted the hood and saw our long-haired grey cat all wrapped up in the fan belt. I had to get some wrenches and loosen the idler on the belt tensioner and then the cat got up and ran away!
That cat had to be sore for a while.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 08:09 am:

In one of the more bizarre episodes during my career as a high school principal, one of the girls in school came rushing into the office in an absolute panic to announce "that some cat is trying to crawl into my friend's car". I went out in the parking lot to observe this pair of legs and a tail hanging down under the front bumper. I called the owner out of class and asked her about it. She claimed it must have been why the car "sounded funny" that morning. She wanted the auto shop class to get it out of there, but none of my big, brave guys wanted to touch it even though the cat was clearly expired. So it stayed there until the gal's father came by to remove it. We suggested that in the future she accessorize her vehicle differently in the future and check before starting the car on cold morning.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 08:20 am:

Marv...here's our "cat deterrent"..as sweet as this gal normally is, boy does she HATE cats! One evening we were out on the patio visiting with a friend and she spotted the neighbors cat over a hundred feet away and before I could get out of my chair to "go after" the dog, she had that cat 20 feet up the neighbors tree!! Luckily the dog responded to my "get back here" command! We still laugh like crazy over it though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 09:39 am:

Once when i was walking in to the shop at Old"s several people stoped and told me a cat had just cralled out from under my car in the parking lot. The cat unhurt had ridden 60 miles on the under carrage of the car!!!! No,I did not try to catch the cat!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 01:19 pm:

Cats and combines don't get along either. It will take you about 20 minutes and a sharp pocket knife to get a cat out of a combine engine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 11:33 pm:

Mmmmm! New Sandwhich: Slab o' Tabby. The Furry Feline Burger. The Paws and Claws. Catgut Soup.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 10:34 am:

My uncle cranked his truck up to go to work 1 morning and shortly after he started out the drive way he heard a heck of a noise under the hood.Opened it and there was a cat,he had got in the fan belt and was just laying on the fender well, not moving a muscle. My uncle grabbed it by the tail and tossed it in the ditch and went to work. Turns out it was 1 my aunt was feeding every day. It was back for breakfast the next morning, all scratched up and frazzled and it's head kinda tilted. Hung around for about 10 more years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 02:36 pm:

When I was farming I turned on the auger to feed the pigs. There was 4" auger coming out of the bulk bin that dumped into a 4" cross auger that dumped into 100'long 4" auger. The cross auger kept tripping the reset on the motor so I tried turning it by hand. It took me about an hour to get the auger freed up. Then I turned the whole system on and fur and skin started dropping into the feeders. I figured the cat jumped into the bulk bin some time before I put feed in it. No more cat!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 02:49 pm:

Dam! I now have that ladies voice going through my head! :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration