I have 2 model t ( I think) metal spoke wheels with the tires

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: I have 2 model t ( I think) metal spoke wheels with the tires
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John oldenburg on Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - 11:51 pm:

I believe these are off a 19teens or twenties model t metal spoke wheels with the tires that are in very good shape. If anyone needs a good pair please email me and I will send pics. Not sure what they are worth so make some offers. I am located in s.e. Wisconsin so shipping would be paid by you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John oldenburg on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 12:01 am:

My email is amjservices1@wi.rr.com. With 2 metal spoke wheels and tires

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John oldenburg on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 12:24 am:

These are my 2 model t ( I think) steel spoke wheels with tires. I'm sure someone needs them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John oldenburg on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 12:30 am:

Tire sizes are 5.00 x 20

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Saggese on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 12:34 am:

I'm not an expert but I don't think those are from a Model T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John oldenburg on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 12:41 am:

I think they came off a model T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kohnke Rebabbitting, Clare, Iowa on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 12:43 am:

I think they were made by Parker.

Herm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald Manlove on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 12:45 am:

Never saw model t with those design wheels or that tire size

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John oldenburg on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 12:46 am:

Ok but what do they fit on? Thanks for all your help btw

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 01:26 am:

That size sounds like a TT truck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 01:40 am:

Nothing like them on our Ruckstell equipped '26 TT, although tires are 20".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 04:19 am:

There were many dozens of different after-market, or accessory, wheels for model Ts, some even similar to those. However, I doubt that they were made for a model T Ford. Most wheels made for Fords would have been made to fit either the T hubs or axles.
That style of wheel was not common in the USA at all. Similar wheels were common in England and Europe of the '20s and early '30s on both cars and trucks. Maybe some of our Australian or European regulars can recognize them. They could possibly from the front of a USA truck.
Otherwise, this is one of the rare times that I might suggest one of the other forums. The AACA has a pretty good forum (although I like this one a lot better), with several different sections for asking "What is it?" You may need to post in several of them.
Good luck!
W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 04:35 am:

Check out this link. Some of the British Commonwealth Countries used these wheels. " Sankey "

Regards, John Page Australia.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/360064.html?1369028723

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 07:33 am:

I would love a set of those in 30 x 1/2 clincher for my speedster. Guess I have to look at eBay Bombay! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 07:43 am:

Wonder if a TT hub would fit those?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Husa on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 09:36 am:

I remember seeing a 1922 Fiat that had metal spoke wheels. What size are the tires and rims?
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 09:39 am:

Nope, not without some kind of adapter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John oldenburg on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 09:59 am:

The tire size is 5.00 x 20. Have to check the rime size

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John oldenburg on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 10:02 am:

I know for a fact that the wheels and tires are not new. They came out of a barn that had a lot of model A and model T parts so I assumed that they were off a a or t. Btw if anyone needs some parts ,let me know

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 11:25 am:

What is the center distance and diameter of the six holes?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John oldenburg on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 12:21 pm:

The center hole measures 4 7/8 inches across and the measurement between lugs is 6 1/2 inches across. From one lug hole straight across to the other lug hole.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 01:05 pm:

I tend to think TT and you reused the wood wheel hubs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 01:09 pm:

I agree with you Mack - I think a TT hub may fit. Will check the measurements given against a hub this evening.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John oldenburg on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 01:13 pm:

I just found the wheels in a barn so I don't know what they came off of. Thanks for all your help. I want to sell them but I need to know what they fit in order to describe them

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John oldenburg on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 01:16 pm:

But I agree Mack. Model TT. Probably not as old as I'm thinking though

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 02:29 pm:

What other parts. Do you have ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John oldenburg on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 03:44 pm:

All kinds. What are you looking for?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 04:25 pm:

TT lower windshield frame , the parts on the inside of the TT doors that hold the glass in ( pull up windows ) 26/27 roadster top irons , rear window garnish moldings for a 27 Tudor sedan ... What do you have would be easier lol

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 05:51 pm:

TT trucks had smaller wheels on the front. That might be why there are only 2 of them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 06:53 pm:

TT bolt pattern on the rear hubs is 6 x 5-3/4". John said they are 6.5" at 180 degrees across. So no go for a TT hub. Much bigger than that. Interesting wheels though none the less. A frugal/enterprising Doodlebug owner could make those work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 09:12 pm:

In Aus, we refer to this type of wheel as Sankey wheels. They were also made by Dunlop. Strong but prone to rust out from the inside. There were two pressings involved. The two pieces were seam welded together along each side of the spokes and around the rim and hub. If the welds were not well done, water can get between the two and they rust out without you ever knowing until its too late.

There were European equivalents too.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John oldenburg on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 11:25 am:

But what do they fit on Allen?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 06:08 pm:

They were used on many English and European cars. I, too, have seen them on Fiat specifically. I have seen them on many English cars. It would require an expert on given specific marques to get any more specific than that as far as sizes used go.
I would advertise them on the AACA site if it were me.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John oldenburg on Friday, December 18, 2015 - 12:07 am:

Thanks Wayne. You guys have been very helpful....

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration