Two piece timers

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Two piece timers
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 09:28 am:

I am thinking of making new two piece timers from existing cases and rotor bodies. I wonder how much interest there is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 09:54 am:

I have a decent reproduction unit that could use a going-through. What I really need for it, though, is a cover.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Goble on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 10:03 am:

I would be interested I am now putting a later timing gear cover on my open valve motor , so I can us a more reliable timer .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Barrett - Anderson, IN on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 10:32 am:

I have the timer pictured above in my 1910. Tony at TW Timers made a brush to replace the roller and milled the inside. He also pressed in a bronze bushing to better handle the wear. I had the timing cover slightly machined to accept a seal. I also had the cam shaft nut milled to accept an O ring. The car runs great!

I would be very interested in these timers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 11:41 am:

I could use a cover.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 12:01 pm:

Richard, Howard caccia's tooling is still around. You might try to contact Jeff Beaumont and see if he can put you in tough with the right party. Kim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 08:09 pm:

Kim I have talked with Howards heirs. They still have everything but are doing nothing with it. They claim that they may start making the parts again but I don't believe it will ever happen. I have offered to buy the tooling but they are not ready to sell yet. Darel, I have an extra Howard Caccia cover for the 2 piece timer. May be willing to sell it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 08:12 pm:

Richard, There is a very Limited market for the 2 piece timer but it would be nice to have them available. When Howard died the ones I had in stock were sucked up overnight.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration