Intake & exhaust clamps with USMC Any ideas

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Intake & exhaust clamps with USMC Any ideas
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 01:18 pm:

Cleaning up some parts I found a set of manifold clamps first time I ever saw 3065 on one side and USMC on the other, were the marines into Model T Fords? Bob
you never know what you will see on Model T Ford parts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 02:14 pm:

Bob - That's really a "strange" one! I'm thinking that maybe it's just coincidence and might stand for something like U.S. Motor Car or something, because I just can't imagine any Marine Corps connection!

I have to say though, because I was a Marine from '63 to '69, and I have three U.S. Air Force Sons, and consequently, I take a lot of good-natured "ribbing" from those Air Force guys due to having been a "jarhead" Marine. I also take some ribbing from them due to their dad being an "old guy" with four old Model T Fords and one old Model A. I'd really like to have a set of those "U.S. Marine Corps manifold clamps" on one of my Model "T's! I think it would add considerably to some of the "heated discussions" I sometimes have with my Air Force sons! ......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 02:26 pm:

Well, 3065 is the Ford part number for those, but I'm with Harold. I suspect the USMC stands for something other than the marines.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 03:19 pm:

Very weird they must be rare out of thousands I have never seen them now I found 4 nos ones
Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 03:21 pm:

I also found a box of nos bendix springs years ago that had U.S.ARMY on the box

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 08:56 am:

Any ideas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 09:10 am:

For giggles I did a Google search on USMC 3065 and found the following.

http://marinefamilynetwork.com/group/pia20140912/forum/topics/mike-platoon-3065

Those guys are veterans and deserve a commendation of some type :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 10:38 am:

Robert

Searched too on Google and found ref. to United States Machine Company.

United States Machine Company..ref. in 1892 book, "History of Lycoming County Pennsylvania," edited by John F. Meginness, and available online This company is described as "new", and the officers were Justin J. Pie, chairman; Charles H. Bates, secretary and treasurer; John I. Hales, manager; Robert Eason, superintendent. "They manufacture all kinds of woodworking machinery; they are also iron founders."

Could be the same USMC. ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 10:50 am:

Possibly: United Shoe Machinery Company, they made a lot of stuff.
In '63 or '64 I worked on the construction of a new bowling alley, all the automatic pin setting equipment was supplied by them. The crates were all marked USMC.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 12:06 pm:

I do not know I have had thousands of these over the years but never seen these and what's nice is there is a set of 4 new old stock, these came from the huge collection from Texas years back, John Mitchel
will be listing on t bay, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 12:21 pm:

The Marines are looking for a few good manifold clamps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 06:29 pm:

Bob C, Shouldn't that be "menifold clamps"?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 08:42 pm:

United Service Motors Co. An early division of AC Delco that had loads of aftermarket parts for all makes.

That's my guess anyhow.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration