Another one of those what did you do this week threads

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Another one of those what did you do this week threads
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 06:53 pm:

This, along with a couple others.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 07:08 pm:

Wish my projects would allow me to work in my heated shop! My touring is plugging up the entry and old age does not do well with cold so its more fun to look at your nice work!!

Happy almost birthday!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 07:13 pm:

Nice before 'n after work!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 07:30 pm:

Hi Stan, Is that mine ... ???. :-) looks great as usual. "Anxious in Arkansas"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 10:30 am:

Thanks!

Donnie, no, but yours is on the bench partly done. Trying to get out a couple that are Christmas presents. Mailed two of them last night, should have two more out today. Gave up about ten o'clock and went to bed last night.

This one was for Nick.

Paul, I know what you mean about the cold and old. I sure can't take the cold like I used to. It is 6 above here this morning, the heat is on in the shop and it is about 30 feet from the door of the house to the door of the shop and I almost dread going outside. It is nice in the shop this time of year except I wish I had another window. Sun is just coming up in Montana at 8:30, will be dark by 4, hate to be inside for what little sun there is this time of year but don't want to be outside where it's cold either. Should be sunny today and tomorrow is supposed to get up in the 30's.

50 years ago when I was roughnecking in the oil patch it would be 35-40 below sometimes and we would be working outside. Same driving truck. Many's the time I chained up when it was 20-30 below or was hauling out of some place with snow and ice and wind and whatever else. Get home in the middle of the night and go feed cows in the dark and do chores. Didn't think much of it then. Now I just about won't get in the car to go up town unless I use the remote start and let it run for half an hour first. Heated seats!!!

Glad I'm not feeding cows today, tomorrow would be kind of fun. They like you a lot better when you are feeding them than when you are trying to move them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 01:39 pm:

Sometime life has its problems. I went to Texas Oncology in Bastrop Texas yesterday for another cancer treatment. I get to take a bag of treatment connected to the port in my shoulder to inject more treatment for the next two days. "MY Purse" gets disconnected Friday till the next treatments.
I only have twelve more of these treatment ever two weeks for 6 months. What fun, but it should keep me on the top of the ground instead of in it.
I have a week ever two weeks to play with my Model T"s. Hope the weather lets me play some.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 03:02 pm:

Know what you mean Willie. Eight months past I had a minor stroke----my fault forty eight years of smoking. Doing fine no pain taking no medicine other then Lipitor. Bride and I quit smoking nearly three months past just after my elbow became infected of all things! I was doing infusion treatments with a bag of medicine morning and evening each day for a week then two pills three times a day for another week. The elbow is still weeping a little.

I admire you Stan as I remember you are a few days older then I am. The many years of construction gave me good strength and a surprisingly healthy heart now I have to live with a slightly gimpy left lower leg.

Merry Christmas to all

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 05:26 pm:

I think, the hard outside work, either kills you or makes you stronger. But now that Im older Im like Stan and the cold just "hurts more" I have been 12 stories (or more)on top of a new boiler being built with nothing between me and the ground except the beam I was sitting on. I have been there with it 11 degrees below zero and snowing in almost white out conditions, and thinking it was just an "inconvience" Today, it would kill me. I enjoyed all the things I did in the construction Boilermaker trade, but I do not want to do it again. :-) Stan, no real hurry, but you may know how it is when waiting for a new pretty toy. :-) Probably would be better anyway, to ship after the crazy holiday shipping season. Keep up the good work, as you are appreciated.

(Message edited by dobro1956 on December 17, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 05:43 pm:

Rebuilding coil boxes with coils for Christmas presents.
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 05:45 pm:

The cold finally got so tough for me to deal with that I packed up and moved to Florida. Now I can work on and drive my cars all year long without anti-freeze!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 05:46 pm:

Am I on your Christmas list Ron? they would be a nice present!!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration