Magneto pictures for Layden.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Magneto pictures for Layden.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 07:51 pm:

Here's those pictures. 2 ZR4 bosch magnetos editions 18&19 and one Dr4 bosh.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 08:13 pm:

Also this light switch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 09:34 pm:

Were snap couplers used in automotive applications of magnetos? PK

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 12:35 pm:

I don't know. I got these from the estate of a guy who had both automobiles and hit and miss stuff.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 01:02 pm:

Pat,
What do you mean by "snap couplers". If you are referring to impulse drive couplings which do snap over center then they well may have originated in automobiles.
Neither of these appear to have an impulse drive but both seem to have variable couplings.
Layden

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 01:17 pm:

Pat,

I have a WICO magneto on Popeye. It has an impulse coupling. I can crank the engine very slowly by hand and it starts easily.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 05:27 pm:

Ya impulse coupler is the right term. I have a bunch of them on old tractors and stationary motors. I have an old Splitdorf that is supposed to be off a Indian four, it has a impulse coupler. I also have a Berling that was used on the old WW I Curtis Jennie bi-plane, it came on my 1925 Case 12-20 crossmotor. Just curious. PK

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration