Rain gutter cover strip

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Rain gutter cover strip
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Eddie on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 09:58 pm:

Anyone know of a supplier for the cover strip for the rain gutter 26 tudor. It is about .505" wide and .017" - .020" thick, has a curve of appr 1.5" radius?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 10:03 pm:

Use the tape from an old tape measure.

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 10:07 pm:

Dave,
This is what worked for me. 1/2 inch steel tape. Not sure if the later Tudor is the same.

Best regards, John Page, Australia.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Husted on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 03:51 am:

1/2 inch smooth plastic banding material,worked for me 40 years ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 01:38 pm:

The measuring tape is a pretty good substitute; the shape is a bit different, so if you have an original cover, SAVE IT! The difference is so minor, only a "rivet counter" will notice.
Front of raingutter

Rear of raingutter

The blue tarp was used to provide a contrasting background. this is the raingutter on the driver's side of my unrestored 26 Tudor.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration