Looking for dash cam any recommendations

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Looking for dash cam any recommendations
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul wilcox germantown wi on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 11:55 pm:

Looking for dash cam do l have to worry about any interference from the mag,any recommendations on brand thanks paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 11:59 pm:

Paul,

It depends on several factors.

Passive use w/ recording in case of incident/accident?

Continuous record ?

Front & rear record ?

I was in Costco & they had a nice unit that had wide angle view for less than $200

Link here @ http://www.costco.com/Cobra-Drive-HD-Dash-Cam,-GPS,-1080P,-118%C2%B0-Viewing-Ang le,-8GB-MicroSD.product.100223046.html

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann, Blistrup, Denmark on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 01:34 am:

I've used a GoPro in my Ford with no interference what so ever.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 01:14 pm:

Except for that annoying TV ad for the Dash-Cam Pro with the two girls in the back seat nasalizing some unrecognizable song! AUGH, not this ad again!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 01:50 pm:

I think magneto interference is highly overrated. I've shot video close to the mag with no problems, and I use bicycle speedometers in a couple of Model T's, also with no trouble. In the past some have asked about mag interference with a pacemaker. If I remember correctly, that was OK too. But on that last one I'd check with a doc just to be sure. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 03:21 pm:

I have cheap car cams in all my vehicles. The one in my truck mounts to the back window and records front and back.The ones in the wife's car and the model T both have an extra camera that mounts to the back. On the T I have the back one mounted to the spare tire. Can't really see if your not looking. Most of them use a mini SD card and will record for about an hour and then just go over the old recording. I got all mine from Ebay. The one in the wife's car last spring saved my bacon, This person cut me off and side swiped me and he claimed that it was my fault. When the police viewed the cam footage the other guy got the ticket and paid the repair of my car. But remember, It can also prove your at fault also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 04:52 pm:

I have $60nz (about $40us) delivered from China off Ebay units on two of my T's and there is no interference at all. Both are the same units that record front and rear, the rear camera is cable attached and one is located inside the back window and the other beside the number plate outside and both location work great. I think the more expensive units will most probably give you higher quality footage but I'm pleased with mine for the price.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 05:42 pm:

Kevin can you give us the model or details on your cams, please

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Friday, December 18, 2015 - 12:53 am:

Here is a pic Gene, being Chinese no labels but if you look up Ebay you should find several of these. They come with two different type of screen mounts (that are very good to use), a small backward camera and a remote control.
Here is a link to a video I took in my work ute with the sound turned off which gives you an idea of picture quality.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtvHgDP_7eI

.here is a link to one I just found on Ebay but it only has 1 mount so shop around.
.http://www.ebay.com/itm/HD-Dual-Lens-Car-Camera-Vehicle-DVR-Dash-Cam-Video-Recorder-Night-Vision-1080P-/301820215963?hash=item4645e3029b:g:kqQAAOSw5IJWc4Ix

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Friday, December 18, 2015 - 03:19 am:

Thanks Kevin, Just ordered one. Great video

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Friday, December 18, 2015 - 03:33 am:

No probs, if you have any problems operating it let me know.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration