:-) OT - I can't drive >>>>> 55 <<<<<

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: :-) OT - I can't drive >>>>> 55 <<<<<
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 09:29 am:

Well I survived to become eligible for AARP status.

Hit the Big 55 today.

Highlight of my day will be a free Grand Slam at Denny's.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 09:34 am:

Gee Jim, I had no idea you were so young!:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 09:43 am:

You're still a kid with amateur status as a " senior citizen". :-)

Today is also my youngest grandson's birthday. He's 2.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Lebeda, Humboldt, SD on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 09:49 am:

Why is it everybody is getting younger than me???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nicholas Lingg - Tarboro, NC on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 10:05 am:

That's Great Jim! Just don't retire or you won't have time to haul cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 10:10 am:

Thanks Guys !

If anyone else has a birthday close to Christmas,
being raised in a family of six kids in a lower middle class family, some years your birthday WAS Christmas .... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Redelman, Kouts, IN on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 10:25 am:

Hi Jim, Peggy's birthday is the 19th and she is the oldest of 5 girls so she knows what you mean. Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 10:37 am:

"This is for Christmas and your birthday, too!" Heard that a lot when I was a kid. Mine is right after Christmas.

Years ago I was helping raise a girl who was about 10. Her birthday was on Christmas so we let her pick any day she wanted from the time school was out until it started again to have her birthday. Either over Christmas vacation or summer vacation. She did that for her 18th, she choose 4th of July weekend and took our boat out for a party for a dozen or so of her closest friends. She was between her Jr and Sr year in High School. Lotsa fun!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 10:37 am:

Also should have said, Happy Birthday!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 10:44 am:

Stan,

I feel your pain. In our family December is a BIG month. My two sons, two of my grandsons and I all have December birthdays. "Merry Birthday" is common, but we try to avoid it.

My daughter-in-law is pregnant with their second child. This one will have a June birthday! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 10:48 am:

Happy Birthday (Early or Late)

To all other December's Members ... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 11:03 am:

Happy Birthday Jim. My twins turn 31 today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 11:09 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 11:24 am:

My wife's birthday is Dec 23 and our daughter's is Jan 5 so everything runs together.

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Evan in Paso Robles on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 11:27 am:

Happy Birthday Jim!

Evan in Paso

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 11:36 am:

Happy Birthday Jim!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 11:43 am:

Happy birthday Jim. You'll find that 65 feels pretty much like 55 and 75 feels pretty much like 65 ...if you don't sweat the small stuff.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 11:50 am:

My sister's is December 29th, so I've seen someone go through the Christmas/Birthday thing all my life. I'm so glad that I was born 6 months after Christmas, June 27th.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 12:06 pm:

Happy Birthday! And many more.

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 12:08 pm:

Thank You So Much Everyone !

I have to start driving for the day ... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 01:07 pm:

I'm a March baby, so didn't have to suffer through that Dec. birthday thing, BUT, I shared my birthday with my Grandmother and my cousin's was a day earlier, so it was always a good excuse to drive out of the snow in Dunsmuir down to the valley to Orland, where by then it was spring, to celebrate all together at my Aunt's ranch.
Great memories!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 01:13 pm:

Jim, happy birthday! I wish I could have met you on your recent trip south in California as you passed us. It is always nice to visit with the young ones.

I have a 2 year old grandaughter and the estimated due date for her brother is the 25th of this month. We are hoping for early or late... whatever happens as long as Mother and son do well.

Terry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel D. Chicoine, MD, Pierre, SD on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 01:50 pm:

Happy Birthday, Jim, you young pup you!
Hope you have a great day with lots of smiles and waves from the folks that pass. You should put a sign on the back of the rig stating it's your birthday.
I have a slightly different problem of everyone assuming I'm a Christmas baby because of my name. Nope, early February.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 05:14 pm:

Good on ya! I miss seeing George Burn's singing i wish i was 80 again!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 05:56 pm:

Happy birthday Jim from Northern Ca. Hope you might come by this way sometime. My daughter was born Dec 24th. That can happen when you make whoopee in the middle of March... We celebrate her birthday in November.
Safe travels brother.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 06:11 pm:

Terry, I see we share at least three things in common: both love Model Ts, both live in Richmond, and both born on June 27.
Jim, Will that new pickup be a Christmas present or a birthday present? Happy Birthday from Kim and I

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 08:24 pm:

Eric,

What a coincidence!

I was due on Christmas Eve but they induced labor early so it would not be inconvenient.

I have a daughter that was born on Christmas Eve .

Her name is Jeana Marie.

She had big ears just like me - the nurses put her in a big Christmas Stocking v- she looked like a tiny elf !

She used to play Christmas songs on a cassette player as a little girl growing up all year long ..... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 08:29 pm:

Jerry,

Thank You ...

Like most of past years it is my birthday & Christmas present !

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 09:03 pm:

Christmas babies, conceived on St Patrick's day. The leprechauns must be in with the elves on that one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 09:36 pm:

My girl was due on the 21st but was in no hurry. Inducement two days later was no help. When the baby began to show signs of distress the call was made and I witnessed her birth by C-section at 1:30 AM on the 24th.
Twenty two hours later at the Christmas eve service I thanked the lady surgeon who delivered her, also attending, and gave thanks to God for the arrival of our daughter Coutney Noelle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 10:09 pm:

Jim,

My ex-wife's b/day was Christmas day. My daughter has her b/day on December 28th. She always gets short changed, her gifts were always "this is for Christmas and your b/day." We as parents always overcompensated her with special gifts on her b/day. Anyone with a b/day is the week before or after Christmas gets screwed.

As far as AARP is concerned when I turned 55 I got the opportunity in the mail to join. As a side bar my wife who is 10 years younger than me also was informed she could join due to her husbands age. Candy was not all that pleased to be invited into the Senior's club. In fact she was quite incensed.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eugene Adams on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 10:32 pm:

George Burns. I wish I was 18 again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3c-WBn5cCg

Gene

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eugene Adams on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 10:35 pm:

George Burns. I wish I was 18 again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3c-WBn5cCg

Gene

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 10:42 pm:

A Big Thank You ... :-)

You folks made this the best birthday I have had in a long time and I deeply appreciate all the kind words !

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, December 18, 2015 - 12:29 am:

Happy Birthday (early or belated) to all the December babies! Including my oldest son, one of my longest time best friends, several other friends not on this site, and all of you who are.
Especially Freighter J!
Guess that about covers it.
And Merry Christmas.
W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Friday, December 18, 2015 - 12:55 am:

I suppose I was 55 once, but it was so long ago I can hardly remember it.
My youngest kid was born when I was 55. She is now 23!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Friday, December 18, 2015 - 02:00 am:

Eugene, that song was written by the great Sonny Throckmorton. He was a gift to the world of people who love music and had a way with words that has seldom been equaled.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, December 18, 2015 - 05:51 am:

Thank you Eugene!! I got the words wrong but the song right!! Our youngest was 12/24/1970.Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration