Early Brass Tire Pump question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Early Brass Tire Pump question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George_Cherry Hill NJ on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 09:57 am:

I am doing a write-up on something and could use some dimensional verification help on something.

Can someone confirm for me what was the height from sole bottom to very top of the earliest tire pumps?

Actually, I'd be curious as to the other variants through the years also and even a few of the single barrel blacks.

What was the transition year from Brass to black?

I'm also interested in the 'footprint' size of the various pumps.

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 06:10 pm:

I have a brass 2 stage pump made by Shipley Autopump.

It measures 20 1/4" tall to top of cylinder Rod. The base is 6 3/4" X 2 3/8". Outer Diameter of the barrel is 1 3/4" and secondary might be about 1" if I remember right. It has a wooden handle, brass tube and cast base. It's held together with the 3 tension rods.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration