Old Photo - Grocery Store Front And The Company Delivery Van

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Grocery Store Front And The Company Delivery Van
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 10:55 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 12:13 pm:

Jay,

Nice photo of 1912 Delivery Car. I'll send a note to John Regan. He may want to track down a better copy. I can almost read the name of the library, but not quite.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 01:31 pm:

Saranac Lake free library. Adirondack Research Room.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 01:45 pm:

"Fancy" Groceries, well, la-di-dah!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 02:02 pm:

It was a different economy that supported services not generally seen today. Not only did grocery stores deliver, but even small towns had at least one delivery business that would bring your goods from any store in town. Cobblers and other repair people fixed things that today are thrown away.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 02:19 pm:

I got lucky on my first try. I entered Seranac Lake Free Library and google corrected my spelling and took me right to the web site. I have been chatting with the nice lady there and she is going to try and find the original photo which she thinks they probably have. That is a picture of the Mullen Grocery in Saranac Lake NY circa 1912. If I can get a higher resolution picture I will report back on it and tell you what secrets it might shed some light on.

Thanks for the lead Jay and thanks to Hap for the email heads up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Lay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lancaster Ca. on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 03:58 pm:

Thanks for that comic strip Steve that is me all over. I just cant through anything away if it still works or if I can fix it. The youngsters at work tease me about my old tools ( some I have welded or repaired ) but they still work great. I hate this trough away world we live in.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration