Wireless Turn Signal

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Wireless Turn Signal
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Schrage on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 06:53 pm:

Anyone using the wireless turn signals from www.theegyptgarage.com? They look very interesting. Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 07:10 pm:

Yes, I have two of 'em and love 'em. While they're designed to move them from car to car easily, and they are, I'm lazy in my old age and plan to get a third one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 07:21 pm:

I use one too but I am cheaper than I am lazy (at least for now) so I move it from car to car. My only issue is that I broke off the piece you press to release the unit when you move it from car to car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 07:25 pm:

Those are just bicycle turn signals. Available from many sources. They work well but the beeping noise they make is designed to be heard over bicycle noise not Model T noise. In other words you can't always hear it while you are driving.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Friday, December 18, 2015 - 12:49 am:

I use one on the 1914 touring, I installed "proper" turn signal indicators on the 24 coupe. The Egypt Garage device works well but I wish it were louder. I like how it can be easily removed, the plastic has not broken, YET

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Friday, December 18, 2015 - 09:10 am:

In their defense on the broke piece, I move my unit between 7 cars and have had it since they first offered them for sale so it has been well used. I am in my 4th set of batteries.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Friday, December 18, 2015 - 10:00 am:

I had high hopes for the wireless turn-signals made by a company called Smart Signals. _Their wireless setup should have sold like hotcakes (Remember that expression?), but this was an extremely high quality setup with a necessarily corresponding high price of over $350, if I remember correctly. _Apparently, not enough people purchased them to justify continued production.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_gM6Ii9Vz4

Anyway, I just did a quick search on the internet and it appears Smart Signals are no longer available, which I think is a loss to the hobby.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Brown on Friday, December 18, 2015 - 11:08 am:

This looks interesting and the price is right. I like the strobe feature.
http://www.amazon.com/Rechargeable-Wireless-signals-Moutain-Bicycle/dp/B017EUMAB 0/ref=pd_sim_sbs_468_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=51bIdvdCKcL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160 %2C160_&refRID=0JCNK7YHMBHMHPQD5X6K

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration