OLd Photo - Styling In The 1920's

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OLd Photo - Styling In The 1920's
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, December 18, 2015 - 11:17 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, December 18, 2015 - 11:30 am:

Interesting tire tread pattern. I wonder what the brand is? Next, I wasn't aware they had striping in 1925.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Friday, December 18, 2015 - 11:34 am:

Rich enough to be a fashion plate, but too poor to buy a spare tire. Or maybe they just call AAA on their cell phone if they have a flat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Friday, December 18, 2015 - 11:36 am:

Background appears to be the South West side of the circular drive around the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, DC

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Friday, December 18, 2015 - 12:00 pm:

I really appreciate these new car photos as they show what you got with a new car: a spare rim and no tire. The tire and tube were EXTRA. A 1925 with 21" wheel and small brake drum and the "duck's tail" rear fenders. Good detail of the underside of the visor.

Larry, I "kinda" thought that all of the enclosed cars received a red pinstripe under the molding in '24 and '25

Jay, Thank you for posting!

For those of you who have never sat in a Fordor, they have the most comfortable front seat of ANY Model T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano, Bellflower, CA. on Friday, December 18, 2015 - 12:12 pm:

Larry,

I think the tires are Good Year Diamond Tread Balloon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Thum on Friday, December 18, 2015 - 01:10 pm:

Bill,
They have the most comfortable front seat, but they have the smallest doors to get in and out of. My wife complained about the small passenger seat in the Tudor, now she complains about the small doors on the Fodor. Just can't make her happy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Friday, December 18, 2015 - 01:20 pm:

Looks like it has a horn button (or something) in the center of the steering wheel. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Friday, December 18, 2015 - 01:35 pm:

It could be a Canadian Fordor. I thought by 1925 the door handles had changed to the later design.

Regards, John Page, Australia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, December 18, 2015 - 01:36 pm:

Goodyear? Maybe. You decide. A higher definition image from the original print would probably make it clear.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Friday, December 18, 2015 - 01:44 pm:

The single red stripe just under the belt line is a truly wonderful thing. They were very thin. We often make them too wide. They compliment the highlights in the molding reflections are are not always noticed for what they do. These photos don't really do them justice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Friday, December 18, 2015 - 01:57 pm:

These are the only style I have found on '24-'25 Coupe, Tudor and Fordors. I'm not sure when changes were made. The nickled ends and plate made them look very nice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ALAN FAIRCLOUGH on Friday, December 18, 2015 - 02:42 pm:

The dog looks quite modern....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Friday, December 18, 2015 - 03:00 pm:

Richard,
I do respect you knowledge and everything that you do. Your skill in regard to the things you fabricate are outstanding. Please understand that what I am posting is not to disprove anything you have said in regard to the door handles.
I am attaching a posting by Dave Sosnoski from the 2011 Forum.
Dave has done a lot of research on the 1924 - 25 Coupe and along the way has found information that is relevant to all the closed cars of those years.

Best regards, John

Link from 2011

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/224077.html?1311090344

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul iverson freeport ill. on Friday, December 18, 2015 - 03:11 pm:

I have never seen tire balance dots on tires until recently, if that is what the dots are they missed on the rear tire

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Friday, December 18, 2015 - 05:03 pm:

Thanks for the comment John. I am always learning and can accept David's conclusion as mentioned. I just wanted to show what I have seen in my limited experience. If the ones in Jay's photo are like the ones I posted they are probably wood framed doors.

Respectively submitted.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Friday, December 18, 2015 - 05:32 pm:

Thanks Richard, and as I said I meant no disrespect.
The 1925 Closed Cars that came to Australia all seem to have the earlier handles like your's and mine.

Best regards, John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Friday, December 18, 2015 - 05:41 pm:

Dog, "Here, let me clean that off your shoe."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Friday, December 18, 2015 - 08:42 pm:

They look like 21" wheels, but I cannot see the split in the rim. The lugs look exactly like clincher rim lugs. The horn button on the steering wheel might indicate Canadian origin, but then the rims would have the two holes either side of the split to take the special tool used when fitting tyres.

Am I missing something?
Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Friday, December 18, 2015 - 10:15 pm:

I don't see the Canadian horn button or the wires that lead to it, just the acorn nut. The wheels have American style lugs as well. I don't think we have a building like that here either. I bet that building is in Detroit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Friday, December 18, 2015 - 10:18 pm:

Come on, you know you want a ride.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Victor Bloxsome on Saturday, December 19, 2015 - 04:31 am:

Gary ... The dog is a gentleman ,- averting his gaze ... GOOD FIDO .

With deference to Good Manners , I remain ;

Victor .

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration