OT-taking the 07 for a brisk ride, 12-18-2015

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT-taking the 07 for a brisk ride, 12-18-2015
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Friday, December 18, 2015 - 12:36 pm:

This morning a landlord wanted to settle up accounts, and jokingly said, "why don't you drive one of your old cars?"

It was about 25 degrees F, so I went to the shop (excuse the mess) and checked, the engine was 30 degrees, sooooo......

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8bmPlOu07xI&feature=em-upload_owner

Merry Christmas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Friday, December 18, 2015 - 01:00 pm:

Bravo! Well done. I can never hear too much of that exhaust. Thank You!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Friday, December 18, 2015 - 01:49 pm:

Rob, standing next to that car you like like one of the dwarves... Happy!

I took Rusty out for a ride yesterday, today I start pulling out the engine... I look more like Grumpy than Doc!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Friday, December 18, 2015 - 02:10 pm:

Rob, I just watched a video. I think some old guy got into your shop and stole your speedster. :-)

Merry Christmas!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Friday, December 18, 2015 - 02:18 pm:

Is is a long way between low and high too.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Bohlen, Severn MD on Friday, December 18, 2015 - 02:35 pm:

Rob,

Did you get the magneto back in place?
I know when we saw you at Hershey it was out for repairs.

Thanks for sharing the videos and have a Merry Christmas also and a happy and safe new year.

Larry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Friday, December 18, 2015 - 08:51 pm:

I think you should drive over here to Milwaukee and I will navigate you up to Lambeau for a real tail gate party. There is always plenty of beer. I say that cause I know Rob can't turn down a good beer with cheese and sausage.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, December 18, 2015 - 09:41 pm:

After it's coughed a couple of times, would a little more choking help the cold start?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Friday, December 18, 2015 - 09:50 pm:

Rob, That was great!!! The exhaust sounds really good too. Are you running a straight pipe? Just wondering.... It sure sounds nice :-)

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Saturday, December 19, 2015 - 09:09 pm:

Thanks guys.

Mike, I know, I'm not sure why that guy looks so old. Maybe too much cranking.....

Larry, no,most I'll waiting on a casting. The car doesn't run as well on coils as mag, in part, I think, because the mixture is varied with the varied intake distances. Number six always runs rich, and will fire better with the mag.

Dave, I don't mind a little cold, but northern Wisconsin??????

Steve, I'm still dialing in the carb to the engine. Me run an original Buffalo carb that is fairly primitive.

Keith, using a cutout. I just wired it open. I can judge the mixture better when I hear the exhaust.

Another instance where cranking a Model K didn't go well. This is the third article about a K kicking back and causing an injury. Sounds like a T:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Saturday, December 19, 2015 - 10:09 pm:

You know that you could wait in the warm house while Holly starts the car and gets it warmed up for you :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Saturday, December 19, 2015 - 10:11 pm:

It's kind of strange if only to me the K did not have [shower of sparks] as several high dollar cars of the time did? I also wonder about if Ford ever added a air compressor as was the case with many expensive car's of the time? Air starters were on cars long before elect start so? Bud in Wheeler,Mi.Ps/BS,If Henry could sell 15,000 000 model T's with a two speed why do some say a K needed more?????? Nice sounding engine!!!!!!!!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Saturday, December 19, 2015 - 11:03 pm:

So Gentlemen,

How long do we have to wait before one of you clever fellows turn that lovely exhaust sound into a cell phone ring tone? Come on, you know that you want it.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration