OT - Humor

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT - Humor
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Jorgensen on Friday, December 18, 2015 - 02:54 pm:

Humor is always subjective, but this came my way today, so I thought I would share.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Friday, December 18, 2015 - 03:04 pm:

Speaking of humor, a friend sent me this the other day:

I found myself in a pub in Cork, Ireland. A group of American tourists came
in. One of the Americans said, in a loud voice, "I hear you Irish think you're
great drinkers. I bet $5,000 that no one here can drink 20 pints of Guinness
in 30 minutes."

The bar was silent, but the American noticed one Irishman leaving. No one
took up the bet.

40 minutes later, the Irishman who left returned and said, "Hey Yank, is yer
bet still on?"

"Sure" said the American, "20 pints in 30 minutes for a bet of $5,000 ."

"Grand, " replied the Irishman, "so pour the pints and start the clock."

It was very close but the last drop was consumed with 2 seconds to spare.

"OK Yank, pay up." said the Irishman.

"I'm happy to pay, here's your money" said the American. "But tell me, when
I first offered the wager, I saw you leave. Where did you go?'

"Well sir", replied the Irishman, "$5,000 is a lot of money to a man like
me, so I went to the pub across the road to see if I could do it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Friday, December 18, 2015 - 04:30 pm:

I like the Irish Pub one much better!

Cheers,
Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Friday, December 18, 2015 - 04:45 pm:

Humor is a great thing. The Institution of Holy Deadlock is also. But drinking 20 pints of Guinness in 30 minutes is it's own reward. I often wonder how much is the right amount on a forum like this. I'm sure it is an irritation to some and a welcome diversion to others. For me, I always enjoy it.

Thanks
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Friday, December 18, 2015 - 04:57 pm:

I enjoy any kind of humor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, December 18, 2015 - 05:05 pm:

You'd have to be lactose-intolerant not to enjoy "Good Humor". :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul iverson freeport ill. on Friday, December 18, 2015 - 05:20 pm:

the hub caps are not 64! but nice picture. I like the 36 to!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Friday, December 18, 2015 - 05:44 pm:

Paul,I don't think she is that old?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Friday, December 18, 2015 - 05:48 pm:

Wayne,

Have not heard that one before....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, December 18, 2015 - 07:30 pm:

Jay, that's gotta be one of the nicest pics you've posted yet!! ;) Ooo La La!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank M. Brady on Friday, December 18, 2015 - 08:27 pm:

Reading some history, and found Guinness described as "Black Prodestant Ale" ROTFLMAO !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Friday, December 18, 2015 - 08:51 pm:

I've never had any Good Humor ice cream, but I just ate some Blue Bell for the first time in a while. Maybe they will have all the flavors here soon. That girl could make me swap brands though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Saturday, December 19, 2015 - 01:20 am:

With all the jewelry commercials this time of year, it prods the question some guys could think: "If a diamond is 'Forever', what would they have "Just for a month'???"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Saturday, December 19, 2015 - 03:02 am:

I remember trucks like that one, actually we had two different ones that came round on odd days from each other...one was Good Humor the other was Eskimo Pie, one awning over the cab was white with blue stripes and the other was white with brown stripes. Don't remember which had which now...probably the Good Humor guys had the white and blue, but I really don't remember. But they all had the same obnoxious tune..."Turkey in the Straw" that they played over and over incessantly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Saturday, December 19, 2015 - 05:02 am:

The first time I saw one of those was when we visited some relatives in the Detroit area(suburbs) in the very early sixties. I was shocked! I couldn't figure out why all of the neighborhood kids took off running when they heard that bell. When we wanted ice cream, we went to the grocery store and bought it and brought it home. I had no idea that anyone would bring it to you! I had never heard of such a thing! Dave

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration