26 coupe glass

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 26 coupe glass
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ginom on Friday, December 18, 2015 - 06:58 pm:

Hello, Was out driving the 26 coupe today. Slammed the door too hard, and cracked the door window. Can anybody recommend a source for replacement glass? Thank you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Humble on Friday, December 18, 2015 - 09:08 pm:

Your local auto glass shop can cut you a new one using the cracked one as a template. they can also install it on the channel too. If the channel is not usable, the best repo is the 28-29 Model A pickup door channel, it is an exact replacement for the 26-27 coupe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Friday, December 18, 2015 - 09:12 pm:

There should be a glass a auto glass shop in your area. If you can remove the glass from the door take it to a shop and match the glass and reinstall it in the door. The shops that have been in business the longest will probably be your best bet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Friday, December 18, 2015 - 09:39 pm:

Make sure you get safety glass. Actually, you should have it in all the windows in your Coupe.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Benedict, Humboldt, TN on Saturday, December 19, 2015 - 09:11 am:

My local glass shop just supplied me with new safety plate glass all around for my 26 coupe, not including the windshield, for $220. This did include installing the 2 new bottom track metal strips. My coupe had single strength glass in the rear window and one quarter window. It also had plate glass in the other quarter window and both door glasses. I had requested tempered glass until they quoted me a price of over $600. Keep in mind that the door glass is not square and that it needs to be oriented corrected in the door or it won't seat closed correctly. Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, December 19, 2015 - 10:19 am:

That's a good tip from Bob B. concerning the door glass.

I have a 24 Coupe that I restored and I was considering buying the door glass until I realized its cut at an angle to fit the door glass opening.

In other words its not cut square.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration