Brass Ford logo plate history..........

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Brass Ford logo plate history..........
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Skingley ......Westland, Michigan on Saturday, December 19, 2015 - 07:08 am:

What is the history or story on the "Ford" brass logo plates that were attached in the front of the radiator. I have seen many early pictures of these on the forum. Did the factory ever attach these?

I post here again as I miss posted in classified...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Skingley ......Westland, Michigan on Saturday, December 19, 2015 - 07:14 am:

wrong palace I re posted on the Forum.......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Saturday, December 19, 2015 - 07:16 am:

They were used in the 1909 and 1910 model year and were placed horizontal. Declared obsolete by July 7, 1910 according to the Encyclopedia: http://www.mtfca.com/encyclo/doc10.htm

The 1911 model year started in November 1910.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Saturday, December 19, 2015 - 08:08 am:

Roger and others:

I guess I have to point out that cars built at Ford Branches continued to install the brass ford script plate into 1911. I can attest to the fact that I have seen a "panorama" scene shot sometimes between mid February and end of March that was supposedly taken at the town square of Indianapolis, IN. In that picture there were a fair quantity of different Model T Fords parked all around the square as well as on the lawn and side streets. ALL of the T's were brand new 1911 models. There were Torpedo's, Touring cars, and other models too as I recall it. What was amazing is that every car in the picture had the sheet brass Ford script nameplate in the radiator. The reason I know the date of the picture is by the Torpedo Roadsters in the pictures. All of those 1911 Torpedo and Open Runabout models had 3 windshield clips and that was an emergency fix for the windshield falling off the dash. By end of March 1911 the outer windshield clips were redesigned to hold the windshield to the dash better and the center clip was then omitted. Near as I can tell those 3 WS clip models only appeared for about a5 or 6 weeks. Since seeing that picture I have come to the conclusion (not just from that single picture alone) that branch assembly continued to use up old parts until exhausted and this is often the reason we see something that we think is an early feature only to find it on a much later production model.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, December 19, 2015 - 09:23 am:

Thanks John. What would we do without you?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration