Old Photo - Pacific Beach Service Station San Diego

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Pacific Beach Service Station San Diego
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, December 19, 2015 - 11:10 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Saturday, December 19, 2015 - 11:18 am:

It looks like he has service ramps on the far side of the garage. I was going to say it is a nice Mom & Pop operation but the building looks only big enough for Pop.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, December 19, 2015 - 11:40 am:

That was originally on the corner of Garnet and Cass, Pacific Beach, Ca.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, December 19, 2015 - 11:48 am:

The house in the background is now the 976 cafe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, December 19, 2015 - 12:58 pm:

Is that the Pacific Beach near La Jolla? If so I lived there during the 1960's and early 1970's. There were a lot more houses there at that time. The famous Dunaway Pharmacy brick building was on the corner of Garnet and Cass. Maybe that gas station might have been on the corner where the Chase Bank is now located?
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim McCleary on Sunday, December 20, 2015 - 01:42 am:

Thank you for posting this. In his teen years (the '20's), my dad would have stopped there driving his T-turing on his way to the beach with his high school friends, and I grew up a few blocks from there in the '50's.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration