Another timer question:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Another timer question:
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Gresh on Saturday, December 19, 2015 - 05:11 pm:

Anyone know if this Ford Script cast timer was used at all during 1913 or if it was only used in 1914? Also would anyone have a picture of the roller assembly for the timer? Thank You.
roller

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Saturday, December 19, 2015 - 05:17 pm:

Hi Larry,

Is that cast aluminum or cast iron?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Gresh on Saturday, December 19, 2015 - 05:27 pm:

Hi Bill, It is Iron.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Saturday, December 19, 2015 - 05:55 pm:

Larry
If you send it to Tony Wiltshire (www.twcomponents.com) he will rebuild it and supply a new rotor likes he uses on his new timers. This is what I recently did with the cast aluminium timer for my 1915 Model T. Great solution and you get to keep your original For script timer.

Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, December 19, 2015 - 06:09 pm:

With Ford Script it is 1917 or later Larry. The 1913 version I think would be aluminum. All I have seen have no makers mark or Ford script.

The 1911 - 17 roller is cast bronze and looks like this:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Saturday, December 19, 2015 - 06:19 pm:

The parts book lists it that way too for 13, aluminium case and brass roller bushing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Gresh on Saturday, December 19, 2015 - 06:46 pm:

1. Thanks Ron for the information and good advice. I was not aware Tony was doing these.
2.Thank You Royce for the pictures also. They will help me sort out what goes with what.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration