Height of a 1927 Touring car

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Height of a 1927 Touring car
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Abbie Prince on Saturday, December 19, 2015 - 08:52 pm:

I have a 20' Hallmark enclosed trailer. the rear door has an opening height of 6'4". can I load a 1927 Model t Touring without taking the top down?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A Falconer on Saturday, December 19, 2015 - 10:22 pm:

Just went to the shop to measure mine, with 21" wood spoke wheels it measures 6'3" or 75 inches, so it would be tight. I would put the top down to be safe. Also the widest part I think is the front axle, it measures 67 inches from outside edge of hubcaps. Hope this helps.

Alex

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Abbie Prince on Sunday, December 20, 2015 - 08:43 am:

Thank you Alex, that is exactly what I needed to know.
Abbie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Sunday, December 20, 2015 - 09:01 am:

Just watch out if you have a beaver tail ramp because at the angle you enter the trailer the height may be a couple of inches more than on level ground. My 1930 Plymouth coupe is 3" shorter than the height of my trailer door but I have to raise the front of the trailer so the ramp and trailer floor are at the same angle to get the car inside.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Abbie Prince on Sunday, December 20, 2015 - 12:31 pm:

Had not thought of raising the front of the trailer. thanks Val. I have a 23 but may purchase a 27 touring that is about 300 miles from me. I know an open trailer is not good on the top.
Abbie

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration