Tin Type picture

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Tin Type picture
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Sunday, December 20, 2015 - 12:23 am:

A few weeks ago we visited a photographer who can take and process TinType photographs. Norm Kling had his little while ago and displayed it on the forum. Well I got mine today so here it is. the date was from my camera when I took a photo of the tintype. It doesn't look like Heather as she had to remove her glasses and of course it is reversed. It will be interesting to reverse the picture and see if it is a better likeness.

(Message edited by Tony_bowker on December 20, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Sunday, December 20, 2015 - 08:19 am:

Would that have been Dave Smith who made the tintype?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, December 20, 2015 - 10:09 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Sunday, December 20, 2015 - 04:57 pm:

Tintypes are unique objects. All tintypes were backwards since they are the same plate that is in the camera ... not made from a negative and reversed during printing. Daguerreotypes and ambrotypes made on dark glass are the same way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Sunday, December 20, 2015 - 06:06 pm:

Here's another one taken the same day. Dolores and me in front of our dorF.
Norm

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration