24/25 TT question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 24/25 TT question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Sunday, December 20, 2015 - 04:57 pm:

My father and I are beginning the re animation of one of his model T projects 👍 , he likes the improved style pedals as they are widen to accommodate "big foot " , I suggested he find out if there are aftermarket foot pedal extensions to make the pedals he has already wider , but he ( we ) are wondering if the hogsheads and pedals , or , just the pedals from a 26/27 would be a bolt on fit ?? Thanks in advance , Travis .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Sunday, December 20, 2015 - 04:59 pm:

The numbers in the body of my text after T projects was a thumbs up that didn't show btw :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Sunday, December 20, 2015 - 05:18 pm:

Here are some pics

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, December 20, 2015 - 05:23 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/200608.html?1301256826

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/195856.html?1299542148

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, December 20, 2015 - 07:33 pm:

Short answer, no.
The later hogshead itself is not a direct fit to the earlier transmission itself. Close, but the spacing forward and backward for the bands to line up on the brake drum is not the same.
Between drums, and clutch plates and pedal offsets etc etc etc? There are dozens of combinations of mixing earlier and later improved era parts. Many things can mix and work well one direction, but not the other. Some things work, and some things don't.
Great project! Good luck with it.
You may want to consider just putting the later pedals onto the earlier hogshead? Or, put the entire later transmission, pan, and brake under your engine and also have the advantage of slightly better brakes. Many possibilities.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Sunday, December 20, 2015 - 08:06 pm:

The pedals interchange hogshe ads don't 26/7 allows for the wider brake drum

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration