Home made hot /cold carburetor air valve

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Home made hot /cold carburetor air valve
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Sunday, December 20, 2015 - 10:36 pm:

Thought some might enjoy this piece I made from copper plumbing parts to connect my carburetor to an accessory cast iron "hot air stove" that clamps to the exhaust manifold.

I cut four slits in the end that clamps to the intake of the carb to allow the clamp to compress the tube. Then I put a reduction tube in the other end .. and drilled through both the outer and inner tubes in four places. By turning the reduction tube you can either let in fresh air (in the summer) or close the holes so that it draws air from a flexible tube connected to the hot air stove.

carb intake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, December 21, 2015 - 10:38 am:

Nice Work! And it looks good To!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, December 21, 2015 - 02:11 pm:

Looks a lot like an original one I saw years ago!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Monday, December 21, 2015 - 02:16 pm:

Very clever and great workmanship. It is nice to see things like this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Monday, December 21, 2015 - 02:47 pm:

Mark
Would you happen to have a picture of:
" a flexible tube connected to the hot air stove"

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Monday, December 21, 2015 - 09:30 pm:

Here is the air valve ... as mounted with the carburetor stove. I used flexible exhaust pipe and copper plumbing fittings for the connections.

carb stove

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Monday, December 21, 2015 - 09:40 pm:

Very Nice!

Thanks Mark

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration