FORD MODEL TT question:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: FORD MODEL TT question:
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lloyd Raifsnider on Monday, December 21, 2015 - 09:22 am:

Is there a website where I can find out frame lengths and years built according to their production numbers? Thank you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell Ritchie on Monday, December 21, 2015 - 09:35 am:

Maybe these guys would know...

http://www.modelt.org/mtfcivb/forumdisplay.php/4-MTFCI-Ton-Truck-Discussion-Foru m

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Monday, December 21, 2015 - 09:46 am:

This might help. Scroll down just past half way n the page for dimensions.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/125879.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, December 21, 2015 - 10:04 am:

I believe the short answer on unaltered frames is 125" for all years. For dates of engine serial numbers look here: http://www.mtfca.com/encyclo/sernos.htm

Beginning December 10, 1925, engine serial numbers were stamped on car frames (top of frame rail under floor boards, usually on the right side). I don't know if that applies to trucks too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Monday, December 21, 2015 - 10:11 am:

Go to the link provided by Gary, scroll down and you'll see the chassis dimensions. According to Bruce McCalley's book, total Truck production numbers by calendar year are:

1917-3
1918-41,105
1919-70,816
1920-Unclear to me
1921-69,004
1922-140,867
1923-197,057
1924-272,624
1925-321,348
1926-228,496
1927-83,202

In the book truck production is broken down by U.S. location, foreign location, body type, and "Truck" vs. "Truck Starter". The data is not recorded on a consistent manner for each year, so it gets a little confusing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lloyd Raifsnider on Monday, December 21, 2015 - 10:12 am:

Thank you all for the very quick answers!! Very HELPFUL!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, December 22, 2015 - 11:38 pm:

In his post above, Steve said he doesn't know if the engine number was stamped on the frame rail of TT trucks like the cars.

The answer is yes, the TT's have the engine number stamped on the frame rail the same as the cars, beginning at the same time.

I have seen and examined several TT's with the frame number.

Keith

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration