Driving Around New York City 1928

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Driving Around New York City 1928
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, December 21, 2015 - 11:29 am:

Hold On To Your Hat!:-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkqz3lpUBp0

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ALAN FAIRCLOUGH on Monday, December 21, 2015 - 11:40 am:

Excellent!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Monday, December 21, 2015 - 12:00 pm:

Posted here many times previously. Harold Lloyd and Babe Ruth.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, December 21, 2015 - 12:04 pm:

Scenes from three different Harold Lloyd films. Two were shot in New York and one in Los Angeles. Speedy wasn't Babe Ruth's only appearance in a movie. He was in a bunch of them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, December 21, 2015 - 12:05 pm:

That's very funny!!!!!!
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Monday, December 21, 2015 - 02:14 pm:

So that is what traffic is like in the big city. %0)
I'm glad to see that again and hope to watch it a few more times.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, December 21, 2015 - 07:34 pm:

That was hilarious!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick on Monday, December 21, 2015 - 09:14 pm:

Why don't Model T's handle like that these days?!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Monday, December 21, 2015 - 09:31 pm:

I wish there was a way to slow it down, There were some very interesting cars and some very rare trucks. I think I saw one electric car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, December 22, 2015 - 08:40 am:

About the only thing you can do Will is to hit the pause button at where you want to take a longer gander. How's little James doing? Still sending him my prayers. Despite all you and your family is going through, have a Merry Christmas and hopefully a very good New Year!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Tuesday, December 22, 2015 - 08:48 pm:

I suspect the picture was made at a much slower speed and then the film was sped up to make it look as it does.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis E. Towle on Wednesday, December 23, 2015 - 04:43 am:

The horses had to be hurt in that crash?

Travis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Wednesday, December 23, 2015 - 08:26 pm:

Don't know about the horses, but Harold was drug by them and got seriously hurt.

Jim, for one thing you're watching 50 to 60 FPS (Frames per Second) not 72, so everything looks over fast.

Notice how there were no traffic lanes on the streets? It's a wonder there weren't more accidents than there were. Even with lanes today, NYC is still a pain to drive in.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration