Holley G carburetor

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Holley G carburetor
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Monday, December 21, 2015 - 04:33 pm:

Hey all,

I am tearing down a model T engine for a rebuild .
The model T is a Canadian 1914 two doors Runabout.

On the engine I found a Holley G Two Screw carburetor.
I didn't touch the carburetor jet but I am willing to rebuild it so the engine runs as new and keep the patina on the carburetor.
I like Stan's job on the old carburetors but for me the old patina is Ok too.
I was wondering if the parts for the Holley G 3 screw, offered by the part suppliers, fit this 2 screw carburetor? Are there points where I should specially paying attention on??

Thanks
Merry Christmas
Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Monday, December 21, 2015 - 05:53 pm:

Andre, I have one on my 13, I changed the float,cleaned it in carb cleaner and it works great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Monday, December 21, 2015 - 06:27 pm:

The short answer is not much interchanges. The Venturi is different, the needle is different, the float is different, the removable seat in the bottom is different, etc. You can make the throttle shaft/arm work from a G, the choke arm/shaft can be used with little modification.

They are pretty simple, as Dan says, do the float and touch up the needle or replace just the needle and it should be good to go.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration