Old Photo - Young Girls Posing In Front Of The Family Ford

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Young Girls Posing In Front Of The Family Ford
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, December 22, 2015 - 10:56 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, December 22, 2015 - 02:49 pm:

Cute!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Tuesday, December 22, 2015 - 04:33 pm:

It looks like each girl is holding a policeman doll.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Tuesday, December 22, 2015 - 04:40 pm:

I often wonder about the people in these photo, ei, How there life went, where they lived, What they did in there life. Maybe they saved lives as doctors or became famous actors! These two little ones if still alive would most likely be in there late 90's now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Tuesday, December 22, 2015 - 05:04 pm:

Jay,

That is sweet !

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, December 22, 2015 - 05:27 pm:

I wonder if it is near Christmas time in that photo. What they are holding appear to be Nutcrackers.

Like windows into our past. I love looking at old photos, and wondering about the people, places, and things, involved.

"One cannot really know where they are going, unless they first know where they are. And one cannot truly know where one is, if they do not know where they came from and how they got to where they are."
Drive carefully, and enjoy the holidays! W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, December 22, 2015 - 07:05 pm:

Looks like a new fairly early '25.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, December 22, 2015 - 07:21 pm:

Will, you think a lot like me. I've said the same thing many a time of some of the fantastic pics with people and their cars. I'd love to hear the history of all of 'em.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Tuesday, December 22, 2015 - 08:47 pm:

Will you shared, “I often wonder about the people in these photo, i.e., How their life went, where they lived, What they did in there life…” And that is a kind thought. But I’m guilty like the husband in the joke at: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/596247.html “I often wonder about the Model T in these photos…..”

Larry – I would think an early 1925 would still have the two rectangular windows in the rear of the top. Ref: http://www.mtfca.com/encyclo/S-T.htm#top scroll way down to TOPS 1923-1925 where it states, “Later 1925 tops had one rear window, as in the 1926-27 models.”

And in the case of this photo it adds to the questions.

Clearly it is a black radiator car so 1917 or later. And it has the slant windshield post used on the 1923-1925 USA cars (and it is NOT a Canadian slant windshield as their lower pane was also hinged). And the top appears to have the singe rectangular rear window that was used late 1925 model year production and continued into 1926-27. And the cowl and fenders are clearly before the 1926-27 style cars. And it has the apron under the radiator introduced with the 1924 model year cars. “BUT” it appears to have the 1917-1923 left front fender without the folded over lip on the front edge of the fender to match up with the apron below the radiator.

Above a 1924 on the left and a 1923 on the right.

So I think it could be a 1923 with a replacement rear top section that has the later singe rectangular rear window.

Or it could be a 1925 – that had the left front fender replaced with an earlier style fender due to an accident.

Or a 1924 or early 1925 that had the left front fender replaced and the rear curtain/rear window replaced.

And a real wild card would be – could it have been produced by Ford in 1925 with that early style fender, which was produced as a replacement fender for the earlier cars during that time period? If the photo had been taken on a production line, I would say – looks like they did. But it was not taken on the production line, so I suspect either the fender or the top rear panel / rear window was not original to the car (or perhaps both were not original to the car?).

Oh, and I hope one of the two little girls inherited the car and passed it on to one of their children or grand children. And they tell stories of how their mother or grandmother used to ride in the car as a child.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Skingley ......Westland, Michigan on Wednesday, December 23, 2015 - 06:43 am:

For me, the first time I have seen a T tire with diamond tread..........

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, December 23, 2015 - 12:51 pm:

Seeing the balloon tire immediately made me think 1925. Pretty sure that tire is not fitted to a 30 x 3-1/2 clincher rim.

Hap,

I would disagree about the fender not having the lip on the apron. I believe I see one. Note how the fender brace only becomes visible just at the socket for the headlamp bracket? To the left of that it's obscured by, in my opinion, the lip.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Thursday, December 24, 2015 - 11:42 am:

Jerry,

You could easily be correct. And if so, the lipped front fender fits perfectly with a 1925 (late 1925 due to the rectangular rear window). I sure wish we could just walk up and look at the car. Then we would never have to wonder if the lip was there and just hidden by the black paint and black shadow or if was not there but that we couldn’t tell that because of the same shadow and black paint.

As “Click & Clack” say at the end of their radio show, "Well, you've wasted another perfectly good hour listening to Car Talk." I have spent more time than that looking at photos of 1923, 24, & 25 cars. And I can positively say, “I now have more questions than before I started looking!” But the gift wrapping elf needs to get wrapping or I’ll be in trouble!

If someone with a 1924-25 that has the radiator apron and the 1924-25 fenders with the lip that lines up with the radiator apron could take and post (or e-mail) some photos from a similar angle that would be great. I tried to find some similar photos taken from the same angle, but I never found one that duplicated the angle the photo of the girls was taken from. It is a little lower than normal as we don’t see the rear fenders like I see in most of the other photos including the one of the 1924 & 1923 side by side posted above. It is also just slightly off center as you see the driver’s side of the hood easily but not the other side. I have found photos taken centered on the car and a good three-quarter view – but not one with just a little off center view and taken a little lower than normal view.

No rush and it clearly isn’t more important than time with the family etc. If you have two little girls you might even be able to stage a re-make?

Merry Christmas to each of you and thank you all for making the forum such a great place to learn about Fords and more about the people who enjoy them.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, December 24, 2015 - 11:55 am:

pic

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration