OT? - Breaking News - Google & Ford

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT? - Breaking News - Google & Ford
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Tuesday, December 22, 2015 - 11:48 am:

Just came out:
https://www.yahoo.com/autos/google-pairs-with-ford-to-1326344237400118.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, December 22, 2015 - 12:29 pm:

Another step in the dumbing down(Enslavement) of America!:-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Tuesday, December 22, 2015 - 12:56 pm:

Self driving cars are nothing new. When I was a little kid my grandfather would let the TT drive itself. There was a long driveway with a fairly high hump right down the middle. The hump would "steer" the car. He'd put in Muncie low/planetary high and the throttle at a fast idle, then with both feet flat on the floor and hands in the air he'd tell me, "See, it drives itself!" :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Tuesday, December 22, 2015 - 02:12 pm:

I can remember my grandfather telling me that if you were to drunk to steer your horse home not to worry as the horse you were on would take you home. Just another self driving vehicle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, December 23, 2015 - 08:24 am:

Will: in the old days, now if you are drunk on a horse they will arrest you fro endangering the animal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Severn - SE Texas on Thursday, December 24, 2015 - 05:21 pm:

You'll probably need a Username and Password to start the thing. I've got too many of them already.

Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Thursday, December 24, 2015 - 05:34 pm:

It won't be long before you won't need a key for anything, nor a user name, password, or anything like that. You'll simply have a chip imbedded in your scalp. It will unlock you house, start your car, sign you onto your computer, give sales staff your credit score when you walk into a dealership, give your doctor your medical history, and scratch your butt.

Oh. Sorry. Merry Christmas!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, December 25, 2015 - 12:27 am:

Henry,

Talk like that makes me glad that I'll be getting off this bus in another 25 years or so.

Just not a life I am interested in living.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration