Young Mechanic

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Young Mechanic
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Wednesday, December 23, 2015 - 06:07 am:

After a long summer, and warm fall, back to work on the 24. The boy installing spark plug wires. He checked the Coupe a few times to make sure he was getting it right. Good job for a four year old. The 24 will be done shortly, except for the top, we have to wait for a hot sunny day for that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Wednesday, December 23, 2015 - 06:44 am:

Dan,

Looks like you are doing a great job of helping a boy on his early steps towards manhood. And there is a great chance you will see him driving his own Ts someday in the future.

Way to go!

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Carlton on Wednesday, December 23, 2015 - 06:50 am:

That's what it's all about!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Wednesday, December 23, 2015 - 07:32 am:

I agree. My oldest was never REAL interested in the mechanic work, enough to maintain his vehicles, but never just for the enjoyment. My younger one, on the other hand, LOVES it. And while not REAL interested in the really old stuff, he thoroughly enjoys working on his Bronco and F-100 which are both older than him. He was just like the kid in this picture when he was that age and his stepson is just like that now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, December 23, 2015 - 08:13 am:

5 years from now I bet he will be able to listen to a "T" and tell you what's wrong! :-) When I was his age dad gave me an old coo-coo clock and said I couldn't hurt it because it didn't work.. It still hangs in my living room but the bird comes out now and doesn’t make a sound..that clock is one of my favourite things and I suspect your model "T" will be one of his favourite things for life. Keep up the encouragement, :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Bourgeois on Wednesday, December 23, 2015 - 01:43 pm:

Here is my helper. He is 3.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration