How to Tie Down a '26 Roadster onto a utility trailer

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: How to Tie Down a '26 Roadster onto a utility trailer
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Perkins on Wednesday, December 23, 2015 - 09:15 am:

I have a 7x12 foot utility trailer on which I plan to transport my '26 Roadster. Where on the car are the best locations to secure the tie straps - both front and back, side to side?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, December 23, 2015 - 10:13 am:

Mark

Here is older post with pictures. This is my way also. Scroll down mid way in the post.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/555924.html?1440641583

Some say to strap via the springs, but axle strapping for me is better, via the springs the body lifts on bumps and the spring action causes the straps to become loose. Cross strapping is better for side sway if you have to change lanes fast, but shouldn't have to if you trailer at proper speed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Wednesday, December 23, 2015 - 11:43 am:

Mark:
I like to use the tire straps over all 4 wheels in addition to the front and rear axel straps ...maybe a little overkill , but the vehicle is secure ...if correctly positioned you can haul safely for many miles ...also CHECK your load often !
Merry Christmas all
Gene French

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Wednesday, December 23, 2015 - 11:55 am:

I tie on the axle right next to the spring perch both front and rear. I attach to the corners of the trailers. So far, I have not had a problem. In the past I strapped to the springs or the chassis and found that the whole trailer bounces a lot more that way than it does when a allow the body of the T to bounce on its own springs.
Norm

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration