Tie Rod Bushing Fit

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Tie Rod Bushing Fit
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By P. Jamison- PA on Wednesday, December 23, 2015 - 01:01 pm:

I need to ream my new tie rod bushings. I'm installing new bolts. What size reamer should I use? How tight should the bolts fit?

Phil

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Wednesday, December 23, 2015 - 01:17 pm:

I will have to measure my Stevens reamer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Wednesday, December 23, 2015 - 03:19 pm:

They are 9/16. The original reamers were 1/2 inch for the spindle bolt with a 9/16 inch reamer about 1 1/2 inch long at the top.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By P. Jamison- PA on Wednesday, December 23, 2015 - 04:09 pm:

Thanks. Looks like I need to get another reamer.

Phil

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration