Is this a 1915?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Is this a 1915?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Wednesday, December 23, 2015 - 01:27 pm:

These are some old family photos that I believe are of a 1915 but I'm not sure. The cowl lamps look right but the head lights look to be acetylene.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Wednesday, December 23, 2015 - 01:32 pm:

It sure looks like a 1915. No louvers on the hood, shinny rims on the lights and no crown on rear fenders.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, December 23, 2015 - 01:45 pm:

It's hard to tell from the small scans, but aren't those crowned rear fenders?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Wednesday, December 23, 2015 - 02:26 pm:

They appear to be flat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Wednesday, December 23, 2015 - 03:19 pm:

Probably John Brown gas headlights, (with the four hole bonnets).

The Prest-O-Lite tank seems to be in the driver side running board "tool box" with the valve sticking out the forward end. The boxes had a rack inside for the acetylene tank and it was a good way to lock up your B Tank back in the day.

Looks like he got the hood off the '14 as well as the headlights and props.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Wednesday, December 23, 2015 - 03:21 pm:

I'd smack that kid off my fender.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, December 23, 2015 - 03:41 pm:

Maybe he told that KID to stand there or was not worried about it! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, December 23, 2015 - 04:06 pm:

I think the kid is on the fence.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Wednesday, December 23, 2015 - 05:00 pm:

Louvered hoods were standard in 1915. If the car is a 1915 or 16 - and it looks like that to me - the hood is from an earlier T.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration